Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I know there are several posts on this topic but I couldn't find one focused on what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a way to highlight the sound of the v6 engine so that it sounds similar to muscle cars, of course I'm aware that I don't have a mustang v8 but I think our motors can have a good sound and I don't mean loud sound with indoor drone

I tried different exhaust configurations, the one I currently have and I like the most is: Ebay Headers - CAT - Flow Master super 44 - 3 inch terminals on each side
For this configuration, place the flow master in the central part of the car, it is little space but it barely enters enough so that it does not rub against the potholes in the street, also place a helmholtz resonator to eliminate some interior drones

I know that by changing the cams the sound could change and I could find what I want but I know they don't sell cams, they can only be rectified (I don't know anyone in my country who does a job like this) so I haven't changed any of this yet

Attached is a video recorded from outside and moving on quite steep slopes where the engine has more load and the sound is more noticeable

Does anyone have any exhaust settings they want to share to enhance the sound of the engine? many videos of people who shared their sound have already been deleted, remember my idea is not to make noise, it is to sound good, greetings!

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can't make the v6 sound like a muscle car. You can make the v6 sound very clean also a super 44 just adds a lot of rasp to the exhaust note in my opinion. It doesn't work good on anything but a v8 . Replace that super 44 with a vibrant ultra quite resonator and an hks high power muffler, or magnaflow.

·
Registered
2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT
397 Posts
It's actually pretty easy, just swap in a muscle car motor and done.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,068 Posts
The V6 has a unique and beautiful sound even all the way out to 7500 RPM. The closest you will get to a V8 sound is a lopey/lumpy cam regrind which, as you've mentioned, isn't available in your country. Even with the lopey/lumpy cam it will lose the V8 sound as soon as you rev it out.

Reactions: Rushking19

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I put a v8 on the tib? hehe these are jokes, of course I know we don't have a muscle car, I'm just saying to specify the type of sound I'm looking for, but of course the v6 has a peculiar and very good sound, that's what I want to highlight! I also put an oval magnaflow silencer instead of the flow master but I didn't like the result, it makes more noise and the same excessive noise doesn't let the melodies I'm looking for sound good, that's why I put the flow master

·
Registered
520 Posts
Can I put a v8 on the tib? hehe these are jokes, of course I know we don't have a muscle car, I'm just saying to specify the type of sound I'm looking for, but of course the v6 has a peculiar and very good sound, that's what I want to highlight! I also put an oval magnaflow silencer instead of the flow master but I didn't like the result, it makes more noise and the same excessive noise doesn't let the melodies I'm looking for sound good, that's why I put the flow master
Do you have a resonator?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a resonator?
I have a helmholtz resonator about 80cm long laterally to the gas tank to eliminate some drones, since where the OEM resonator is the flowmaster 44 silencer is placed (one 2.5 outlet on each side)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would put an actual resonator on a vibrant ultra quite resonator but keep the helmholtz also.
I thought that vibrant was the name of some special system but from what I see it is just a brand, that is to say from what I see in the images it is a normal glasspack type resonator, I think it would be very similar to placing a round type magnaflow silencer right?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I thought that vibrant was the name of some special system but from what I see it is just a brand, that is to say from what I see in the images it is a normal glasspack type resonator, I think it would be very similar to placing a round type magnaflow silencer right?
Yeah it would be but really vibrant ultra quite resonator just kills rasp so well without hurting the exhaust note or loudness too much and it's straight through so it doesn't mess with exhaust flow much . I would put it where you have flowmaster rn and then put the helmholtz resonator closer to the rear tips .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts