Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ am going to get arse rammed here but 6spd / AT

just asking if any one has ever seen or heard about the possibilities of this..

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
he's asking about the possibilities... not what car to buy...

Im sure if you want one custom done or want to know who might know of companies that could make one... contact Tom C from Boostology... his roladex is quite full of them Im sure

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awsome i was just wondering IF any one else has done this and about how much i should expect it to cost lol ( if its posible i WILL do this )

Just 1 more way to dump money in to the tib lol

·
Banned
181 Posts
Just 1 more way to dump money in to the tib lol
I'm sure by your statement you understand that is all you will be doing......:3_winkthu

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
dont take it personally... I just understood what he meant... what happened to you... happens to me all the time...

like I said... dont take it personally

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
dont take it personally... I just understood what he meant... what happened to you... happens to me all the time...

like I said... dont take it personally
Im not, really. Just so often on hear someone races to answer a question that's misunderstood, and the thread takes off on a whole new course deviating from what the person was really asking. Just making sure before I put my 2. in.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I’ am going to get arse rammed here but 6spd / AT

just asking if any one has ever seen or heard about the possibilities of this..
What are the advantages of having a 6 speed automatic vs the standard 4 speed that comes in the tib? the new lexus ls has an 8-speed automatic, so what is the point of having that many extra gears?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gits and shiggles....

Unique possibly? You can’t lie that it wouldn’t be interesting to se a 6spd automatic in a tib...

There are several reasons for wanting more gears if you need me to list them I guess I will but i think the simple mechanics of the idea should serve enough purpose for any one to understand....

PS im not trying to flame....

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Wow I'd love this.

....*keeps dreaming*

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
No one has this cause the WHOLE tranny would have to be rebuilt. You cant just add a gear like a CAI or anything. RIPP cant do it, NGM cant do it, you need to talk to someone like B&M (who I have had build me a custom tranny before) or someone that actually BUILDS the tranny from the ground up.

But you are seriously looking at 10K plus

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
10k huh well hrmm for that price I could do it but can't justify it... :( ohh well i guess like Paul said "Keeps Dreaming"

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
10k huh well hrmm for that price I could do it but can't justify it... :( ohh well i guess like Paul said "Keeps Dreaming"
Thats just a rough estimate...

I spent 8K on a B&M 5 speed auto for my sport truck........ And thats a more common thing than a 6 speed auto in a Tib.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hrmm well this Idea probley can be trashed at the moment I just see my self dumping 10k in to my car doing other things honestley at the moment i mean it is a 06 im just trying to come up with things to do.... not much you can do to an AT i guess lol!!!

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
hrmm well this Idea probley can be trashed at the moment I just see my self dumping 10k in to my car doing other things honestley at the moment i mean it is a 06 im just trying to come up with things to do.... not much you can do to an AT i guess lol!!!
hmmm I think your reasoning is flawed....

The fastest Tibs here are Autos. The reason being is when you up the horsepower past a certain point the powerband doesnt match the gear ratio that is in the car. An auto shifts faster than any human and uses different variables to determine optimum shift points.... a manual cant. I have a 6 speed and love it but first gear becomes useless when you start to tweak things...

What engine work do you have so far?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts