Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like the title says i'm gettin my cams installed FINALLY!!!! i dropped my car off earlier this morning and it should be ready for pickup on friday morning!!! they're crower ( standard regrind)... plus they're doing a before dyno, fix my SAFC2 wiring (lights are on but no one is home lol), try to find out where my weird popping is coming from on my passenger side front area, and then tune and redyno my car after the install.... i'll let you guys know what the results are, hopefully good!!! do any of you with cams normally install cam gears when you have done your cam install?

·
Registered
204 Posts
the guy i know that just did cams is on stock cam gears and is using the NGM ecu reflash for NA cams, and it's been working out well for him

·
Registered
564 Posts
The cam gears are not necessary with the standard grinds that are out there. You could get them though but you will need someone experienced in tuning cam gears to pull any more useful power out of the cams. It is also not as quick of a tuning process as say a safcII so you will be spending alot more time and money getting the gears tuned.

But if you ever think you will want them, now is the time to get them installed lol.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i got my cams installed and dyno tuned and just picked up my car..... i now have pretty much everything N/A except I/M for the most part..... i'll post up the dyno sheet once i get it scanned but just a heads up here are the results:

WHP before: 202
Torque before: 184

WHP after: 213
Torque after: 188

oh and it was on a Mustang Dynamometer
i'll post results like i said, when i scan it

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
ok so i got my cams installed and dyno tuned and just picked up my car..... i now have pretty much everything N/A except I/M for the most part..... i'll post up the dyno sheet once i get it scanned but just a heads up here are the results:

WHP before: 202 (this would be "every" n/a less cams and stg IV manis i assume)
Torque before: 184

WHP after: 213
Torque after: 188

oh and it was on a Mustang Dynamometer
i'll post results like i said, when i scan it
no.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean "no"???? yeah like i said before prior to the cam install it was dyno'd and that's what it got, and yes i have pretty much everything EXCEPT the IM's for bolt-ons.

how is it so hard to believe? there is great weather here in NE, great all around conditions for cars and a lot of cars around here make more HP than the same cars at other locations.

i mean if you want to say "no" then say it all you want but the proof is right here in my hands right now i just need a scanner

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
plus it's not like i'm sitting here trying to brag or any kind of crap like that, i'm just saying what's on the paper but hate all you want

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
well I guess you could probably calibrate a dyno to read whatever the hell you want it to in reality.... anyways, I say no because pre cams and pre im's, most people with the bolt ons get like 180ish whp. I also assume you are not tuned.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was at 189 prior to it all, then they tuned it pre install, got it to 202, then installed the cams

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
.....hmmm..... I just have a SEVERELY hard time believing your car is over 200whp with i/h/e/t of the a/f and not timing whatsoever. I know, numbers are numbers and I'm not calling you a liar whatsoever. I'm just saying I think their dyno is reading higher than it should probably or you have a freak engine. It's pretty much accepted around here that to break 200whp n/a you need at least the upper mani's or cams. Not to mention, there have been plenntttyyyyy of people in the past dyno'ing i/h/e/t and not over 200whp.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well yeah and i know and understand that, i've been on the boaards for quite a while. like i said idk if it's my engine or the climate around here just being great for cars or what, but that's what i got... oh and for the record, it sounds freakin AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they didn't say so i assume they did it in 3rd.... i think they say for a 5spd that 4th is the MOST accurate to 1:1(i believe it's actually OVER 1:1 though) and 3rd is a little UNDER 1:1.... correct me anyone if this is wrong but i'm pretty sure it's right...
anyways, you'll never get an exact 1:1 ratio dyno so it may be a little under what is on the sheet, but not much

·
Read Only
0 Posts
.....hmmm..... I just have a SEVERELY hard time believing your car is over 200whp with i/h/e/t of the a/f and not timing whatsoever. I know, numbers are numbers and I'm not calling you a liar whatsoever. I'm just saying I think their dyno is reading higher than it should probably or you have a freak engine. It's pretty much accepted around here that to break 200whp n/a you need at least the upper mani's or cams. Not to mention, there have been plenntttyyyyy of people in the past dyno'ing i/h/e/t and not over 200whp.
I would believe his numbers. First off, mutang dynos always read high, so that right there makes me think they are correct (but not comparable to a loaded dyno numbers). Secondly, you don't need intake manifolds to break 200 whp. The stage 3 manis did jack sh!t for me, and the stage 4's only saw about 1-2 peak whp gains (but huge gains about 6800).

So I believe your numbers. I think they look about what I would expect given you mods on a Mustang dyno.

·
Registered
137 Posts
im curious to know why Valkare thinks these numbers are wrong? with all of those upgrades you think about 20 horses is wrong? congrats by the way i bet the tib sounds amazing

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
im curious to know why Valkare thinks these numbers are wrong? with all of those upgrades you think about 20 horses is wrong? congrats by the way i bet the tib sounds amazing
like i said before, many many people have i/h/e/t and are about 185ish or whp.

Magolus is correct though about the mustang dyno fact so that needs to be taken into consideration and most everyone else probably uses a dynojet / loaded dyno.

·
Registered
137 Posts
my 07 starts with 172 stock horses. im not sure what year his is but if i put i/h/e and cams im gonna be running over 200 horses for sure

1 - 20 of 55 Posts