Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...

i accidentally scratched my rear windshield with a razor when cutting tint,

it's a pretty deep scratch,

i've been trying to get it out by wetsanding with 600 grit sand paper but it's taking forever and it's leaving smaller scratches behind,

is there any type of polish specially made for glass that i can use to get the scratches out?

this royally sucks....

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a pretty long scratch, like 7-8 inches long :(

there has to be a way to polish it out

gonna try posting this on autopia and see what they say

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you could probably get one for a good price off of a parts car

· Registered
31 Posts
i got a chip on my windshield from a truck and now it has grown into a huge a$$ line, i need a brand new windshield, how much r they
A new windshield runs $250+ depending on where you go (or at least thats what I've been quoted here in MD). This price includes windshield, installation, new molding, tax and any discount places will offer (keep in mind this is full price without insurance). You should contact your insurance agency and they will only charge you the comprehensive deductible (most people have a $100 ded here) for the price of a new windshield, but only if they have to replace the whole windshield. As long as the crack on the windshield doesn't reach one of the edges of the windshield and the crack isn't longer than the size of a dollar (roughly) then most places should be able to fix it for much less (your insurance should cover the full cost of this).

· Banned
171 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
If you are really desperate, I'd suggest looking at scratch repair kits for prescription glasses. There's something out there called "the glass doctor" that removes scratches pretty well from lenses.

The only other thing i can think of would be the material used for repairing starbursts caused by rock collisions and other impacts on windshields. It uses a clear epoxy, while preventing the fracture from spreading or webbing even more... it also seemed to make the fracture seem less noticable. Besides... it's cheap stuff, could be worth it.

· Registered
6,668 Posts
I saw a long time ago some guy who stopped a crack from spreading with some stuff I believe he bought from home depot or some other hardware store. I forget where I saw it, I believe it was on NT, it was like some type of epoxy that stopped a chip/crack from spreading further.

· Registered
349 Posts
i got a chip on my windshield from a truck and now it has grown into a huge a$$ line, i need a brand new windshield, how much r they
Dont you have glass coverage? All i had to do was call my insurance company and told them that it happened while driving and give them the plate number of the truck...

· Registered
349 Posts
A new windshield runs $250+ depending on where you go (or at least thats what I've been quoted here in MD). This price includes windshield, installation, new molding, tax and any discount places will offer (keep in mind this is full price without insurance). You should contact your insurance agency and they will only charge you the comprehensive deductible (most people have a $100 ded here) for the price of a new windshield, but only if they have to replace the whole windshield. As long as the crack on the windshield doesn't reach one of the edges of the windshield and the crack isn't longer than the size of a dollar (roughly) then most places should be able to fix it for much less (your insurance should cover the full cost of this).
here is ny any crack on the windshield gets a ticket especially when driving it doesnt matter if its at the edge or not.

I have little chips in mine they look like mist

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.