Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
the only thing i know is the 03 - 04 has the open spot around the foglight for air. The 05 - 06 seems more sealed off but seems to be ok. If u want with the 05-06 go get the 4 cyl foglight covers (dont have actual foglights) and take a dremel and cut a hole for air to go through it. I have thought about doing it but just never did

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only thing i know is the 03 - 04 has the open spot around the foglight for air. The 05 - 06 seems more sealed off but seems to be ok. If u want with the 05-06 go get the 4 cyl foglight covers (dont have actual foglights) and take a dremel and cut a hole for air to go through it. I have thought about doing it but just never did
I might put together a DIY for this.I don't want to lose my fog lights this year.I might do a variation of it though.Taking a vacuum style hose,sticking it in the filter top piece.I would then route it to the front grille area and attach it some way.Then fresh air can be routed to the cai.:3_confuse

·
Registered
856 Posts
i just take out my driver side foglight out when i go to the track

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ah yes, the '03, sucking in all that cold, fresh air :)

I didn't know it was changed on the newer Tibs, but you'll probably want to keep the bottom plastic piece in there (protection from water, rocks, squirrels, etc.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
its the same if you refer to hydrolocking... a puddle isnt going to jump through the 03 opening ;)

if your worried just take the fog out when you wana race

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
6,182 Posts
Ummm, air is air, it's not like there's a vacuum in there if it's closed off. Unless you're going F/I, the intake stroke of the engine creates the pressure differential that draws the air in so it doesn't really matter if the foglight area is open or closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.