Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been keeping tabs on the development of the N-G-M Enforcer S/C kit and I'm glad I didn't buy it last year. I've been reading about some people's experiences over there and it seems like only 1 person has received all the parts and the 2 or 3 others are still hanging dry. And TC doesn't seem to be very professional either about those customers' frustrations and complaints. I'm sure he has his VALID reasons but it is a FACT that what has been posted on his online store for the Enforcer and the reality of his situation doesn't match.

For instance, when you click on his Enforcer link, it says it'll take about 3-4 weeks for delivery. The reality is +1 year it seems. He should at least change the delivery estimate to reflect his current business status.

And also, looking at the Stage 2 Enforcer dyno graph, the benefit of having a supercharger seems to LOW for an i4. The whp and torque numbers, around the 3,000RPM mark, seems pretty tame (not even 100whp at 3,000RPM). The i4 turbo dyno graphs have much higher whp and torque numbers around the same 3,000RPM level.

So, I've changed my mind about getting a S/C for my i4 Tibby. Turbocharger it is!! :3_winkthu

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I've been keeping tabs on the development of the N-G-M Enforcer S/C kit and I'm glad I didn't buy it last year. I've been reading about some people's experiences over there and it seems like only 1 person has received all the parts and the 2 or 3 others are still hanging dry. And TC doesn't seem to be very professional either about those customers' frustrations and complaints. I'm sure he has his VALID reasons but it is a FACT that what has been posted on his online store for the Enforcer and the reality of his situation doesn't match.

For instance, when you click on his Enforcer link, it says it'll take about 3-4 weeks for delivery. The reality is +1 year it seems. He should at least change the delivery estimate to reflect his current business status.

And also, looking at the Stage 2 Enforcer dyno graph, the benefit of having a supercharger seems to LOW for an i4. The whp and torque numbers, around the 3,000RPM mark, seems pretty tame (not even 100whp at 3,000RPM). The i4 turbo dyno graphs have much higher whp and torque numbers around the same 3,000RPM level.

So, I've changed my mind about getting a S/C for my i4 Tibby. Turbocharger it is!! :3_winkthu
Thats where the money is at , that PSHHHH sound

Glad to see your going F/I dave when is this happening?

THen youll be :3_vliegen up GMR !

Yeah that sucks that we have limited options for superchargers now and to actually order one brand new is a hassle to wait for it, thats good you didn't jump on it right away i would be pissed waiting that long i mean a month or 2 is alright but a year , no thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
hes been on a downhill slope it seems with most everyone lately, not even with just this kit. i wouldnt be suprised if hes out of business in a few more years.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Man, you've opened a can of worms. The majority of people never thought a Supercharged I-4 would be a popular option.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I still really want the kit but no way would I trust them with my money anymore. Unlike Alpine they seem to actually care about their customers but I get the impression that they are over their heads as far as operating the business. Look at how long some guys have had to wait just to get their upper IMs and that's a pretty easy thing to manufacture if you are set up for it.
It's really too bad because even with the lower HP numbers a SC is still a great option to get enough power out of our cars to make them a decent autocross car. It would never be something worthy of hitting a drag strip but that's not really what I wanted the car for in the first place.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i bought my supercharger for my I4 and i absolutly looooove it... i wish it had the BOV sound... but the wine of the SC makes up for it :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yea im not a big fan on NGM. The parts are all quality stuff and as most people say worth the waite...but how is anyone with a job or family suppos to work out a plan and take off time for the install when you have no idea when the parts will be arriving and when you call and ask you get yelled at.
IMO he's only in buisness still because he has such a corner on the market. If a company opened up with half way decent service.and good parts they would shut them down quick

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
Yea im not a big fan on NGM. The parts are all quality stuff and as most people say worth the waite...but how is anyone with a job or family suppos to work out a plan and take off time for the install when you have no idea when the parts will be arriving and when you call and ask you get yelled at.
IMO he's only in buisness still because he has such a corner on the market. If a company opened up with half way decent service.and good parts they would shut them down quick
you sir got +1

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
This has always been how it is. Unfortunately its one guy building kits for the tiburon. And unfortunately hes the only one left doing it. He has a pretty cocky attitude but oh well. He hasnt ever robbed anyone he just has crazy slow turn around times. Also your car shouldnt have the psh sound unless you reconfigure your maf. On top of that bov are gay and annoying for daily driving.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
good for you! turbo is the way to go for us 4bangers!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
When did you order your SC? Did you have any problems with the kit?
actualy i have a used alpine kit... lol but i was just saying in general i live the supercharged I4

On top of that bov are gay and annoying for daily driving.
i actualy like the sound of the BOV and im sure most people on here will agree with me... and if you dont like it thenim sure there are ways you can quiet it down

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP: it seems that "slower than molasses" is the MO for many companies that deal in tibby parts...smart decision
From my almost 2-years involvement in the Tiburon scene, my experience dealing with Tiburon merchants shows that these vendors have been the most consistent and best in customer service (and product delivery):

SFR and Arkspeedracing

·
AWD-swapped Troll
4,947 Posts
From my almost 2-years involvement in the Tiburon scene, my experience dealing with Tiburon merchants shows that these vendors have been the most consistent and best in customer service (and product delivery):

SFR and Arkspeedracing
ok, generalization on my part, but i refer to some of the companies that at first are great, but slowly decline to the point of frustration on the buyers end. not name dropping, since ive had nothing but luck mostly...but i have had some dealings that could have been quicker.

and yes, SFR has been very helpful to me...i was one of few who went to them for a reflash, heard about the troubles involved with the OBDII issues, and jay really came through with some great customer support.

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
ROFL what??!?!?! SFR has always had like 10 threads about people who havent gottin their parts yet. Oddly enough they deny responsibility every time. Even when I had my tib which was like 2 years ago now I would have never ordered from SFR. Lack of communication and seeming lack of care. "Well we mailed it out so your SOL" is their policy if you dont receive your product. Ark, KJB, and WSCP are the only legitimate vendors I see on this forum.

edit: Gotta give props to TMW also

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
ROFL what??!?!?! SFR has always had like 10 threads about people who havent gottin their parts yet. Oddly enough they deny responsibility every time. Even when I had my tib which was like 2 years ago now I would have never ordered from SFR. Lack of communication and seeming lack of care. "Well we mailed it out so your SOL" is their policy if you dont receive your product. Ark, KJB, and WSCP are the only legitimate vendors I see on this forum.
i dont know. i think the reason they get so many "i didnt get my stuff" thread is because people dont take into consideration that they ship internationally, and they dont ship express unless noted otherwise, and that packages have to go through customs and all that good stuff, and people expect stuff NAO. ive ordered from them a couple of times and have NEVER had a problem with them one bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts