Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on the forum in a while but would love your knowledge as I am heated right now. My buddy had my ken wood iPod cord hangin out of the glove box (while the compartment was shut) and I couldn't get it to open up so I can put the cord back inside. This lead to frustration as I had to use a lot of force to try and open it. Well, as stupid as the idea was it worked BUT my handle to the glove box snapped clean off the hinges. There is no way to connect it back as it was plastic and had a clean break.

Called the dealership and they said they didn't sell just the handle but I'd have to buy the entire glove box assembly for $300.

Umm.. not about to do that. I mean it's a piece of plastic that costs 7 cents to make I'm sorry I cannot come to grips on spending that money so I want to see if anyone else had this problem.

Any info will be great. About to head to pep boys to see if they have anything but if not I hope you guys might know.
Thanks in advance.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
9,656 Posts
You are probably going to have to go to a junkyard, or see if anyone is parting out their car in our for sale section. You could also try online, perhaps rockauto.com or ebay.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My glove box handle broke off. But I think its the handle itself. I can still slide it in and use it as a trigger to open it. The only issue is that its detached and will always fall off. I call it "extra security" as I hide the handle somewhere in my car and no one can access the glovebox without having to break it.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Spike is parting out his entire car, he probably still has his glovebox.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I do it is in what use to be the backseat if you need to buy another glove box just let me know

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys I want to thank you for your timely responses. I went to Pep Boys after I called my dealership and they said I'd have to buy the entire assembly just like you guys are saying. It's true, can't just buy the handle..

Luckily there was a junk yard no farther than half a mile down the road so I gave them a call and they had an 06 tib with the entire glove assembly in mint shape for $40. Saved me a bunch of money and time so it worked out. It's rare those kind of things happen for me.

Thanks again guys, I think it's good for people to know in the future that you need to buy the entire assembly if your handle snaps! Can't just buy the handle by itself so the best bet is a car being parted out on here or a local junk yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.