Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with these gauges? One of my friends is selling one for $20 (brand new, still in the box), but I've never heard of them before. I guess GlowShift is a mostly eBay-dependant company, or at least that's the way it seems. This is the one I'm thinking of getting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-1-16-TINTED-T...oryZ14932QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250054930745

Are name brand gauges more accurate or anything, or are you just paying for the name? I don't want to pay $100+ for a boost gauge, but at the same time, I don't want to get something that tells me I'm at 6psi, when I'm really at 4 or something.

· Registered
492 Posts
eh yea but the AFR is more like a light show. and who knows if the oil psi is correct. i wanna know if the boost is correct, cause im intrested in these too...

· Registered
179 Posts
Hey-

I just got the AFR and boost gauges... They install and look great but the AFR is like a lightshow.. mine is alllllll over the place.. It could just be me but even at idle its all over.

· Registered
323 Posts
I have the a/f,oil pressure and oil temp guages and the sandwich plate all from glowshift and have not had any problems with install or function. They're economical and they look great to boot. The oil pressure and temp take a few minutes to read correct as you car takes a few to warm up,especially in the cold winter temps. You have to remember what that a/f guage is reading as to why its a "light show". Its reading info from those O2 sensors how ever many times a second and thats why it looks like its all over the place. It actually cycles if you watch what its doing. And actually the "light show" has warned me of a lean condition on 2 occassions so I cant see that its worthless. I have also vac guage and boost guage thats going in a carbon fiber pillar pod when I finish up on my sniper install. I happen to like these guages. Just my .02

· Registered
492 Posts
I have the a/f,oil pressure and oil temp guages and the sandwich plate all from glowshift and have not had any problems with install or function. They're economical and they look great to boot. The oil pressure and temp take a few minutes to read correct as you car takes a few to warm up,especially in the cold winter temps. You have to remember what that a/f guage is reading as to why its a "light show". Its reading info from those O2 sensors how ever many times a second and thats why it looks like its all over the place. It actually cycles if you watch what its doing. And actually the "light show" has warned me of a lean condition on 2 occassions so I cant see that its worthless. I have also vac guage and boost guage thats going in a carbon fiber pillar pod when I finish up on my sniper install. I happen to like these guages. Just my .02
it would be impossible for the AFR gauge to read anything accurate. Our 02 sensors are at the wrong voltage. You need a wideband sensor to pick up anything accurate

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
boost should be, because if it wasnt, you would never know if your boost is at a dangerously high rate..

controling boost and monitoring it correctly, along with a correct install, will increase the longevity of your engine. so unless you want a new engine.. remember that you get what you pay for...
I know it should be accurate... Which is why I'm holding off on buying this gauge from a brand I've never heard of until I get some positive feedback on them.

Also... Is a boost gauge for a supercharger and turbo the same thing? I mean do they connect the same way? Just tap into the vacuum line?

· Registered
2,885 Posts
hooking up the afr gauge to your stock o2's is completely worthless. it is not going to give you any data that you would need for tuning. so if you buy an afr gauge for your stock o2's you just wasted some money, if you planned on using it for tuning, which i doubt that is the case for most.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.