Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo....its 7am in the monring on university blvd, im on my way to my exam...

I pull into the middle lane and am driving along, when the guy in front of me brakes...so natrully i break as did the car behind me....

10seconds later the traffic starts moving again and the car infront of me starts to roll forward, i do the exact same thing aswll....until he breaks again within 5yrds...

meanwhile the d!ickhead behind me thinks the traffic is moving fast again and decided to overtake me into the left lane w/o looking to see that i have stopped moving....so he goes into my rear bumper at pabout 25mph...

epass flys of the window into my glasses, faceplate literally go detached of the headunit, cds flying everywhere from my single din compartment...

SO I'M THINKING HOW THE FCUK DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME 10MINTUES B4 EXAM TIME...LOL..

I GET OUTTA THE CAR AND GO TO THE REAR AND IM LIKE WTF!!!!!!!

I TELL THE GEEZER TO PULL INTO THE LOCAL HESS GAS STATION WHERE THERE IS SOME LIGHT ( ITS WAS STILL DARK AT 7AM IN ORLANDO)....GET OUTTA THE CAR AND AGAIN IM LIKE WTF!!!!!!!!

NOT ONE FCUKIN SCRATCH

I CUDN'T BELIVE IT, HE HIT ME SO ****IN HARD FROM BEHIND THAT I THOUGHT FO SURE MY REAR BUMPER WAS TOTALLY DENTED...LOL...I DIDNT HAVE A DENT, SCRATCH OR NOTHING VIISBLLY DAMAGED...

AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE BODY OF THESE TIBS WAS $HIT...LOL...

GOD DEFINALTY GAVE ME A BREAK TODAY....

·
Registered
735 Posts
The crush bumper (if that is what its called) is probably smashed in to hell. I would suggest getting your car looked at because the NEXT rear ending that you get will be A LOT worse!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was in a situation like that about a month ago. I was at a McDonalds drive through where I had just pulled up to the window while the guy in front, some moron in a white Acura with the base thumping and occasionally revving his fart can (lots of bad rice around here. Seriously.) having gotten his stuff, pulled up a few carlengths and stopped. I'm only paying him cursory attention when I notice that the ******* has tossed his car into reverse and is coming right back toward me. I hit the horn at the last second as I relaize that in fact the fool really is stupid enough to back up in a drive through without looking behind him. He plows right into the front of my car. When I got out to check for damage the licensce plate was all mashed up, but everything else was completely unharmed. No scuffs, no scratches, no white paint, no cracks, gaps were still good along the whole front, nothing wrong except a slightly mangled licensce plate.

I love modern engineering.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BigCarl said:
The crush bumper (if that is what its called) is probably smashed in to hell. I would suggest getting your car looked at because the NEXT rear ending that you get will be A LOT worse!

is there any way i can check that myself at home? or shud i just take it to hyundai and have it checked?

·
Registered
735 Posts
VoKaL said:
is there any way i can check that myself at home? or shud i just take it to hyundai and have it checked?
Personally myself, I would have had the cops there and the whole thing documented if I was hit hard enough to rock sh!t around in my car! Yeah, take it to Hyundai and have them look at it, especially if you are under a warranty.

I hope that everything goes well and you got the guys licence plate and all that info.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^yeh Thas Why I Told Him To Pull Into The Gas Station..i Got All His Info....ill Take It To Hyundai Tomorrow

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^i think ill stick with my oem bumper then...lol

just a quik question...

seeing as the car is under warrant, and if they find that the foam impact rubber is damaged,,will i get charged for it to be fixed???

·
Registered
40 Posts
VoKaL said:
^i think ill stick with my oem bumper then...lol

just a quik question...

seeing as the car is under warrant, and if they find that the foam impact rubber is damaged,,will i get charged for it to be fixed???
The Hyundai Warranty does not cover parts damaged by accidents only parts that break or wear out due to some kind of defect.

I assume your're going to go to the dealer and tell them to check the car because you were hit in the rear - It would be kinda hard for you to claim there's something wrong with the bumper and it came that way from the factory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cmanasseri said:
The Hyundai Warranty does not cover parts damaged by accidents only parts that break or wear out due to some kind of defect.

I assume your're going to go to the dealer and tell them to check the car because you were hit in the rear - It would be kinda hard for you to claim there's something wrong with the bumper and it came that way from the factory.

thnxs for the info....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts