Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other night i was driving home and i floored it in drive. i think it was in 2nd gear. when i was expecting for it to shift at 6,300 or what ever its supposed to shift at, it didnt. the rpms went almost all the way to 7,000. i dont know why it would do that, or if anyone else has noticed this in an auto. im sure that its happened before but ive never noticed it going that high. thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just think that you have never noticed it. I seen mine approach it if not hit it before it just depends on the throttle position but it shouldnt go over that. With the stock setting at least

I got an auto as well

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you have done as far as performance mods? i'm pretty positive that it didnt go above 6,400~ before i had my s/c

·
Registered
981 Posts
i have a auto and when i floor it sometimes i see that it goes all the way to red line then i let off on the gas, i have i/h

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have I/H/E and sometimes when i really give it...from 1st to 2nd. it goes around that 7000rpm mark.....scares me but...s.ounds beautiful....like RIPPING my engine apart

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
my tibby with stage 2 s/c and some other mods;) has hit the rev limit at 6850...at least that's what the safc screen read the night it happened.....and yes I'm auto too

·
Registered
972 Posts
in my auto b4 i put headers in it only went to like 6400 or something.. after headers it seems like it goes higher

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The TCM is relearning everything, now that your rps go up a lot faster, the TCM is trying to shift it out like it regulary would, which is slower than what it should be, causing it to not shift until it hits the rev limiter at 6800 or so ... as it relearns it should correct itself and shift at the correct point..... also check with Mr. Photoman on this his is auto and s/c'd as well, i am sure he can give you some insite

·
Registered
647 Posts
7000rpm.. nice.. with the stage iv i've seen it go up to 6700-6800 area.. but thats only in 1st gear.. i havent noticed it in 2nd gear.. but yea.. when it goes in the redline.. sounds beautiful just like what red_tib said...

·
Registered
956 Posts
the car isn't actully reving that high....what you are seeing is that during the tannys time shiftign the tach continues up higher.....i've heard it refered to as the needle "bouncing" before.....but really the fuel cut for the auto is at 6400 rpm (6800 rpm for manuals)....so it can't go higher....

·
Registered
164 Posts
ive been doing that quite a bit lately, it just seems to drop right before 7000....and i did this in a stock tibby

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
mcdwf398 said:
the car isn't actully reving that high....what you are seeing is that during the tannys time shiftign the tach continues up higher.....i've heard it refered to as the needle "bouncing" before.....but really the fuel cut for the auto is at 6400 rpm (6800 rpm for manuals)....so it can't go higher....
I think chris mentioned this to me about when we brake torque also. We can go up to 2500 rpms, but its not actually at it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
yup, i've hit 7000 rpm's before on my auto too. it never used to, but since my mods, especially in 1st and 2nd gear it'll hit it, then sometimes it likes to up-shift to the next gear or two. like if it hits 7000 in 1st, it'll shift into third to "save" the motor. i HATE it when it does that , so i watch the tach myself and shift myself, but most the time in 2nd gear at redline it'll go to 3rd and pull pretty hard still..... i need a sniper S/C...lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
yea the reason you see it go higher with mods is because the needle is moving faster so it "bounces" higher.....the car can't actually go that high.....

I'll get Mines Better to come in here...he can explain it better.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts