Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its about that time.
im going to a buddies dyno shop in Maitland (corvette specailists, but money makes the world go round)
im going for a few all motor runs, a few nitrous runs and 1 top speed run, im looking to max their 200mph 246-7(i think) dynojet.
looking to see if anyone wants to come along.
i intend going by myself but thought id offer to make a day out of it, anyone in the orlando FL area is more then welcome, should be fun.
please post up, as im still in the air about when this week i want to go, most likely ill have to make an appointment after hours (work schedule).
its $75 bux for 3 runs with A/F monitoring, i think i can even convince them to let us do the behind the wheel part ourselves, i will try as id hate to watch someone blow my engine, id much rather it be meLOL
they have a full climate controlled environment and the industry standard DynoJet.
please post up.
Chase
Later all

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP!!
Cmon tell me how ill NEVER make it to 200mph.
CHase

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope still stock redline with just the gears, if i cant hit it with the stock redline, ill try to push the fuel cut, i dont wanna blow it so this is all depending on how the car feels at that said moment in time.
if i cant hit 200mph on stock redline, then i have KDMGuy waiting in the wings with my 8300 rpm ECM.
hope for the best zeenon.
say.....if i hit said numbers, think i can claim
THE REAL NT.com's fastest tiburonLOL
maybe we can share......
Chase

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
IDK man, I don't see the car hitting 200mph with the stock redline. Doesn't the fuel cut out at 155?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your using 1/4 mile specs.....
im talking about top speed.
Chase
Wanna come with me to the dyno shop???

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Good luck dude hopefully the gears will work out for ya.for those that down know he got new gears which make them taller therefore he can go faster then usual in each gear. more or less

·
Registered
464 Posts
ShrkByt05 said:
well its about that time.
im going to a buddies dyno shop in Maitland (corvette specailists, but money makes the world go round)
im going for a few all motor runs, a few nitrous runs and 1 top speed run, im looking to max their 200mph 246-7(i think) dynojet.
looking to see if anyone wants to come along.
i intend going by myself but thought id offer to make a day out of it, anyone in the orlando FL area is more then welcome, should be fun.
please post up, as im still in the air about when this week i want to go, most likely ill have to make an appointment after hours (work schedule).
its $75 bux for 3 runs with A/F monitoring, i think i can even convince them to let us do the behind the wheel part ourselves, i will try as id hate to watch someone blow my engine, id much rather it be meLOL
they have a full climate controlled environment and the industry standard DynoJet.
please post up.
Chase
Later all
dude post some pics of your tibby i wanna see this n/a monster

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
If the fuel cuts out at 155, it doesn't matter how tall his new gears are. IDK if the fuel cuts out or how exactly the ecu govenor works, Chase?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
cars arnt limited by fuel, DURRR. they are limeted by RPM and Gears.thats it.
ohh and im on stock redline, i just have to keep the Fule Pressure up.
so again, think i can take that title from you if i AM the fastest tiburon (V6 6sp) or any tiburon for that matter.....
Chase
Whatever speed i do hit, it WILL be faster then ANY previously ran tiburon.
FACT
EDIT::: the durr comment wasent needed, i breezed acroos your post and figured you were saying somthing smart ***.
it figures the fastest 1/4 mile tib and the fastest top speed tib are gonna be griping for the title.
and yes that title is that big of a deal to me, i didnt work that hard on it and to be the only one with it, without soe recognition.
Lets Share!!! :3_winkthu
EDIT AGAIN:::
i cant speel for ****..... :3_lijstje

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
You don't got to be such a smart @ss all the time, I was asking you a question. Some cars do have a fuel cut off, that is how they are governed. When they hit a certain speed, the fuel shuts off.

As for the title, you can have the top speed title, your the only one that seems to really want it. The real deal is on the strip, and I don't expect to hold it long. Lou should be breaking my record shortly, but i'll have it back in the spring!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when you measure time by distance in MY form, youll see that 1/4 mile times dont hold a candle to a torch.
they dont make roads long enough or straight enough (where i live) for my car.
besides 11sec 1/4 mile times arent THAT fast (yes for a tib) but in general????
Chase
EDIT....
ooops, i mean 12.5 sec....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Chase this is forum where your supposed to make friends. They can't see that you're being sarcastic cause they don't know you outside the forum. Chill buddy. Oh and when i get my tibby back i'll be down for some dyno tuning with ya. just waiting on the new rims.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i already got mine.
ill be posting my time slipd tomarrow, if any one cares to know, AT bithlo, so ill have the hi tech number counting thingy take some times down for me.
i think it can keep up. :3_winkthu
Chase

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ohh and i dont want the top speed title, i want NT's fastest tiburon LOL
tricks are for kids man....
Chase

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
ShrkByt05 said:
ohh and i dont want the top speed title, i want NT's fastest tiburon LOL
tricks are for kids man....
Chase

Well the bar is set for the fastest tiburon, lets see what you got. Oh, and you better be in the 11's, cause a 12.x won't hold for long!

I love being a marked man!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Post date, time and place and if i can I would love to see the dyno in action.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts