Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Going to modify my F/L tails, opions??

528 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MoogLe 
#1 ·
Here's the plan. First I need to buy a spare set of F/L tails, as I do not want to be stuck with a screwed up pair if it doesn't go well. I have some variations here, the plan is to remove the lenses (does baking method work with F/L??) and then paint black all the non reflector or non chrome parts. I want to then tint the lense. I really like the way it looks without the bottom part tinted, it looks similar to stock, just substitute red with black. Althouh, I do not really like tinting lenses, I think it looks cheap! I am wondering if I could actually paint parts of the chrome reflector (stop light, blinker, reverse) around the edges so it will reflect and make the whole thing look black, but still have enough chrome to work properly. I just really like the way the F/L headlights look (painted black, not tinted lenses) What do you guys think? Just let me know which style looks better (some have more or less amounts of tint)

Just say 1 2 3 or 4.

See less See more
#8 ·
you cant bake the taillights to open them

you need to pretty much break off the lense and glue on a new one, which i dont know if it's even made for the FL's. i know there's one for 03/04 taillights

and i say if you want them to look dark, night shade them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.