Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think im gonna take my OEM low spoiler tommorow.. well today since in 4am..lol.. where did you guys get the plugs? and how well do they hold up the water/rusting cuz the holes are exposed? also what do i do with the wire from the spoiler? is there a hraness to dissconnect or do i cut something?

thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dont go to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
no, do not cut the plug. take the plastic off the rear hatch on the inside. few screws and clips hold it on place, the harness to the spoiler simply unplugs. i didnt have to remove the plastic, just opened it and my hand fit in.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bcware said:
no, do not cut the plug. take the plastic off the rear hatch on the inside. few screws and clips hold it on place, the harness to the spoiler simply unplugs. i didnt have to remove the plastic, just opened it and my hand fit in.
ok so you didnt cut anything then?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
no, there is absolutely zero cutting required. phillips head screwdriver did the job for me.

·
Registered
972 Posts
bcware said:
no, there is absolutely zero cutting required. phillips head screwdriver did the job for me.

hes right.. theres NO CUTTING AT ALL!!!!!!!...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
DONT CUT IT!!!!..

i learned the hard way...now i'm having to replace the fuse...and solder the wires back together...lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
once you decide you like it, get it professionally plugged and re painted at a body shop. get the emblems removed while your at it too. mine gets tons of compliments and i love how clean it looks.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seedweed23 said:
DONT CUT IT!!!!..

i learned the hard way...now i'm having to replace the fuse...and solder the wires back together...lol
well why did you cut it then? im about to go outside and try this now.. but ppl are saying you have to cut it and ppl are saying you dont.. lol

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts

what mine looked like when i took it off. but i photoshoped the holes out of it lol

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks so much better.. im just gonna plug the holes for now until i get them filled in.. but i still dont know where to get the plugs and what size to get.. until i find that out im not gonna take it off.

·
Registered
972 Posts
y u wana know where i was?

i dont think the holes are that big.. maybe lil less then a inch

1 - 20 of 33 Posts