Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...you were a fun car.
I traded in the Tib for a Jeep Compass.

The Tib was just simply useless in the snow here in Ottawa and not very practical.
As an avid mountain bike fanatic, I will now be able to haul my bike around on my new bike rack.

Oh well, good bye Tibby...I already miss you.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
......another one bites the dust.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must admit that I won't miss the noisiness of this car.
Along with my dealer, we never fixed the noisy roof liner, the sunroof rattle or the hatch noise.
The sunroof was pathetic. I could close it tightly, and then press the close button a few minutes later only to have it close tighter. I could do this all day…it just wouldn’t close properly. Rattle, rattle, ra….

We took down the roof liner and tacked everything down. Still, it would always make a "snapping" sound, like Velcro tearing away. Never fixed.

The hatch always rattled...especially when cold, but I knew that this was somewhat normal.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
^^^ What he said. I'd rather drive in the snow with a FWD car with 4 snow tires than an AWD car with 4 all-season tires.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I love jeeps though, those new 4 door wranglers are hot!

As for tibs in the snow, we get a lot of snow here (snowing right now actually) and my car does great. People that say it does not (because they have summer tires in the winter) always crack me up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snow tires helped, but unless you've driven in the snow/ice/slush that we have here in Ottawa...keep in mind that driving alone was never an issue. It's driving with family that's scary.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Phil said:
Snow tires helped, but unless you've driven in the snow/ice/slush that we have here in Ottawa...keep in mind that driving alone was never an issue. It's driving with family that's scary.
Oh I wasn't picking on you, I am sure living in Canada you know about snow tires, lol. I know if you have more than 2 in your family the tib doesn't cut it, lol.

I love Jeeps, I am sure you will like it. I want a new 4 door wrangler so bad! How does the Liberty do on gas? My old cherrokee was terrible, it averaged 16mpg :(

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
staw512 said:
ewwww compass...
Actually, I don't quite remember asking your opinion.
Although I did like my Tib, it must be said that it has disappointed many. Knock my new vehicle all you want, but remember, unless you own a Tuscani, you are driving little else than an Elantra.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Phil said:
Actually, I don't quite remember asking your opinion.
Although I did like my Tib, it must be said that it has disappointed many. Knock my new vehicle all you want, but remember, unless you own a Tuscani, you are driving little else than an Elantra.
You go Phil! Glad to hear abou the new car, and I am sure you will love it. Nothing like having a car you can enjoy PLUS having a car that is good for the family. Plus, not only for snow, but I am a fan of 4wd or AWD cars over fwd, as you get great traction, and if you go into troublesome weather, (ie snow, ice, rain, dirt, gravel, whatever,) you are taken care of . FWD is great, and can help in terms of performance at much higher speeds, but for everyday driving, AWD is awesome. Enjoy the ride! :3_bier:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
congrats. I just sold my Tib for a Jeep (Wrangler) as well, and with the snow we got hit with last night, im not missing the Tib one bit. The roads we horrible, there no way i would have been able to even get out of the parking lot

·
Registered
392 Posts
Jeez, everyones dippin out on a count of snow. If i went AWD, id go for the Evo X thats comin out next year, or the new Audi TTs.... But those compasses are quite a bit cheaper, i must admit

·
Registered
67 Posts
PHIL, The Tib was just simply useless in the snow here in Ottawa and not very practical.

BAGPIPER, I drove to Illinois years ago to buy a fireo dirt cheap for a kit car project because they're useless during the winter.

I don’t want to sound like I’m bashing you guys but I live in Kingston Ontario 45 mins away from Ottawa and the snow is not that bad. I drove my 1986 Chevrolet camaro in the winter for the last five years and two of them with MY SUMMER RIMS AND TIRES ON, that’s rear wheel not a front wheel. And I didn’t slide at all or got stuck. I live in the country, and I owned a Pontiac fireo I don’t see how that wasn’t good in the winter for anyone when the engine is in the front of the car. (shakes head)

as I said I’m not trying to bash anyone but I know everyone has their own expections.

I guess that’s the moral.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
This is exactly why I live in the Sunshine State......no messing around with snow tires or any of that nonsense for me.

The only snow I see is when I go snowboarding once a year.

Good luck with the new vehicle. I definately understand wanting something more practical to haul bikes around with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts