Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinkn bout buyn a cf hood. whats the best kind w/o spendn 2 much?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is it an oem hood or one with some type of scoop?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
thats a SICK deal on an awesome hood man.. OP, id jump on that like 5 mins ago if i were you.. lol

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah and your not too far i guess so there wouldnt be any shipping charges and you could check fitment and inspect it nice and thoroughly b4 you buy.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
so why dont you??? lol

you can go hoodless for a week or two.. lol

i see hondas do it every once in a while down here.. no joke.. drivin down the road without a hood....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know its just good luck hes close i guess

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
so why dont you??? lol

you can go hoodless for a week or two.. lol

i see hondas do it every once in a while down here.. no joke.. drivin down the road without a hood....
lmfao i wouldnt have to go hoodless i have the stock hood but i cut my hood latch off and use hood pins so id have to drill into my stock hood to much work lol

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
hey i have a question. i heard that the carbon fiber hoods are really not that durable and can break really easy and if your not gonna race, you might not wanna get one. is this true? cause i wanted one but someone said that if you like shut your hood too hard it will crack. they are only for racing cause its really light or if you use your car for a show car

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a cf hood on my car for a year and half and its never cracked. Also judging by the fading its been on there long before i bought the car. It still looks good besides the fading.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
oh thats good. yeah i cant remember who told me but someone said they shut there hood too hard and it broke lol. i wouldnt wanna spend 600 on one and that happen. i have a question cause im a newbie here whats bump mean and when people say to pm them??

·
Registered
955 Posts
if your turely worried about closing it then just get some hood pins. Also with mine i just lower to about a foot above the radiator and let it drop. It normally falls all the way down.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
well yeah that's why you don't slam it shut, slowly lower for the latch to click then place your hand on the hood where the latch is and apply slight pressure to close it the rest of the way.

and yes jump on this it's schweet hood.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
hey i have a question. i heard that the carbon fiber hoods are really not that durable and can break really easy and if your not gonna race, you might not wanna get one. is this true? cause i wanted one but someone said that if you like shut your hood too hard it will crack. they are only for racing cause its really light or if you use your car for a show car
a CF hood is maybe 5 pounds lighter then the stock hood its really not much of a difference besides looks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
you sure? cause my stocker felt a hell of alot heavier than my CF

1 - 20 of 25 Posts