Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i recently joined new tiburon forums.
this is my first post, i was reading this thread posted by (littletoe) about a body kit he or she sketched. so it caught my eye because i recently saw a very sexy front bumper on a video on you tube. and it looks similar to the front bumper this member tried to sketch.
you can find the video on www.youtube.com in the search area under (tuscani tiburon meeting) the video is 24 seconds and the bumper is the one on the red car that appears on 15th second.

so i hope you enjoy this vid if you have not watched it before.
any opinions welcome and if any one know what kind is this bumper please tell?

thank you.

here is the direct link......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fJQd2eojiQ

<3 bms231 (o yea, i pulled out the <3)

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Holy crap... that is a nice bumper... I thought that it was from a Mussa kit at first glance, but it's not... Has a Ferarri look to it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Def. modded 05/06 bumper. I just watched the same 5 seconds a dozen times. It looks like he just painted the bottom part of the bumper black and made bigger foglight holes. Other than that, it looks the same.

He did a good job though. It looks like the kit someone was drawing on the boards...

·
Registered
3,879 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
wallytiburon said:
Hahahah, I'm blind and got pwned. All at the same time.

DANG IT!! lol.

Italia, how much for that bumper??
$2500 is the price for the entire kit...

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
I know that I'm making an arguement against the Bodykit god, but there is no way that is the Shumann kit.

The Shumann has that small lip at the bottom edge. Its side vent also have a vertical edge near the center and an angled edge on the outside. The Shumann also has those little edge/lines just infront of the fender like the 03/04s do. The one in the vid doesn't.

The front bumper in the Vid has no lip. It also has angled side vent edges near the center that are parallel to the edge of the center opening. The center vent opening is also much wider than the Shumann one. This bumper is way smoother than the Shumann bumper. The Shumann looks very edged.

Looks to me like a modified 05/06 bumper.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
The front bumper is $900 BEFORE imporation fees are added in....hence, it'll never reach these shores.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah that is definitely not the schumann front bumper.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Upon my own inspection it does look like the bottom of an 05/06 bumper was painted black. As the car goes by, you can see it reflected slightly.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
When I first saw this vid, it was on a 14" laptop screen. Now that I see it on a normal size screen, it is still tough to say since it's not very clear--but it can either be a modified FL front bumper OR Shumann front with funky paint job. The central mouth opening doesn't look to be the same shape as a Shumann, but that could be a result of black paint that extends out past in the openings. If it is an 05-06 front, then that small foglight opening was really opened up!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts