Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got ten grand from a law suit from a accident now dont know what to do if i should go get a diffrent car or buy upgrades for my tib. if i get a diffrent car im going for 90-96 twin turbo 300zx,91-96 toyota mr2 i just want something fast with a turbo but at the same time i dont want to get rid of my tib im jus so confused...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
dude...you got enough money to make your tib surprise the hell outta anyone that might take you for granted and say "ohhh, a pos hyundai...easy" Then you'll show em. I say use most of the money to add some really large testicles under the hood, and the rest for some modest aesthetics work everywhere else around the Tib.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Invest it. Be smart.

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
bonylad said:
Invest it. Be smart.

^^^^ I agree. If you invest it you can be one step closer to your dream car.... or early retirement.

Another thing that you might not want to forget is if you do decide to Turbo your Tib, you should make sure you have enough set aside for a replacement engine just incase. $10k is a nice chunk of money but these days it really is not as much as people think. If you invest it you can turn that $10k into $20k in time if done right

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
investment for the win......check on some stocks bro........dont be dumb like the rest of us and dump all your cash into the car lol

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Take $5000 and go turbo. That will be enough money for an Alpine Stage 1 intercooled kit, installation, and tuning.

Then take the other $5000 and invest it, as said above.

You can have a stupid fast car and make your mom happy.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
INVEST.........PSHHHHHH come on guys...its not are money...its his......SPEND IT!!!!!!!!!! haha.....I wouldnt get the 300zx or the mr2...I would prob get upgrades for the tib.......

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
BLACKTIBBY317 said:
INVEST.........PSHHHHHH come on guys...its not are money...its his......SPEND IT!!!!!!!!!! haha.....I wouldnt get the 300zx or the mr2...I would prob get upgrades for the tib.......
dude, where the hell have you been????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Cant Go Turbo Due To V6 Engine And Dont Want Supercharge Due To The Fact That You Can't Turn Up Boost I Want Something I Can Have 500+ Hp And Not Too Much Money I Found A Twin Turbo 96 300zx For $6500 Obo . If I Get That For Say 4500 Then All I Need To Do Is Just Buy One Bad *** Turbo And Turn It Up

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
not quite as easy as buying a big turbo and turning it up... u might want to look into other things u will need to reach ur goal of 500 whp and ur car still work a month after getting there. clutch, injectors, what shape motor is in and if tune up is needed, what shape the transmission is in, what shape the suspension is in... 96 TT zx must have alot of miles to only be $6500 or something else is wrong. They are nice cars but no car can run forever esp with 500 whp

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Ooook, well since you've got a V6, wrong forum. Moving...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
and y not just spend some money on some NA parts for your tib and invest the rest? Having money sitting around is nice... i am ready to go back to school and going this August and i can because i have $14k saved in a CD right now and half tuition reinbursemet through my work. sure that $14k could have made the Tib a beast but i think an education is better spent money

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
surfer1678 said:
I Cant Go Turbo Due To V6 Engine And Dont Want Supercharge Due To The Fact That You Can't Turn Up Boost I Want Something I Can Have 500+ Hp And Not Too Much Money I Found A Twin Turbo 96 300zx For $6500 Obo . If I Get That For Say 4500 Then All I Need To Do Is Just Buy One Bad *** Turbo And Turn It Up

OHHH ok..I got ya.....U want a car you know nothing about and want to blow it up unsafely..... :3_bdaybig

let me guess........u are 16 :3_usehead

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
05Tib said:
and y not just spend some money on some NA parts for your tib and invest the rest? Having money sitting around is nice... i am ready to go back to school and going this August and i can because i have $14k saved in a CD right now and half tuition reinbursemet through my work. sure that $14k could have made the Tib a beast but i think an education is better spent money

Education=more money

I agree with you 100000%

No matter what anyone says it is his money and he will do what he wants with it, lets just hope he makes the right choice. Cars are not everything

·
Registered
843 Posts
10 Grand is pocket change these days. Invest it in what ? I say spend it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
surfer1678 said:
First of all, there is a turbo for the V6 - check out the Stealth turbo from NGM. Second, you can turn up the boost on a supercharger - get a smaller pulley. As for the 300ZX, that thing will have a ton of problems and stuff wrong with it if it's being sold for $6500

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
im sure he will end up doing what he wishes but hopefully the advice of others will atleast make him think...

If i had it to do all over again i would have saved more in highschool and gone to college. Having extra money is good if u can hold on to because we all know eventually u are going to catch a bad break and when u do that money is nice to have

not to mention, ur logic of some1 selling a 96 TTzx to you for only $4500??? I wouldnt want to slap a huge turbo on it (not to mention changing this from Twin to single system) it would go boom

1 - 20 of 51 Posts