Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car back from the body shop. After getting rear ended 4 weeks ago. So i start to look everything over and visually everything looks fine. They even took out a big ding that was there for a while so I was happy. Now when I drove by everyday to check out my car's proigress I noticed they used the back hatch from a different car and now on the back i notice I have an 05 decal which didn't bother me too much except it doesn't have GT V6 anymore which I kinda like(I actually get a lot of compliments from it oddly enough) But thats not a big deal. so I go to pop the hatch and it doesn't work. They never reconnected the hatch release. Then this morning i find out the rear window wipper doesn't work and is stuck in a position higher than it should so its kinda in the way when you look out the window. So becides that my car still sounds like crap even though they changed out my whole stock exhaust system. So kinda looks like I'm not gunna have my car for long cuz they need to fix this sh*t asap. I finally get my car back and its not even close to being the same.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
riggs1088 said:
Got my car back from the body shop. After getting rear ended 4 weeks ago. So i start to look everything over and visually everything looks fine. They even took out a big ding that was there for a while so I was happy. Now when I drove by everyday to check out my car's proigress I noticed they used the back hatch from a different car and now on the back i notice I have an 05 decal which didn't bother me too much except it doesn't have GT V6 anymore which I kinda like(I actually get a lot of compliments from it oddly enough) But thats not a big deal. so I go to pop the hatch and it doesn't work. They never reconnected the hatch release. Then this morning i find out the rear window wipper doesn't work and is stuck in a position higher than it should so its kinda in the way when you look out the window. So becides that my car still sounds like crap even though they changed out my whole stock exhaust system. So kinda looks like I'm not gunna have my car for long cuz they need to fix this sh*t asap. I finally get my car back and its not even close to being the same.
It's never going to be the same...

.... but get it back to them to fix before it's too late.

·
Banned
382 Posts
Yeah after my accident back April of this year my car got into an accident. $8,500 in damage.. got it back a month later, and everything seemed perfect. My dad worked on cars his whole life and said the car never felt the same to him and over time the car developed a high pitched squeel in the passenger right wheel. So this month (november) my dad took it back to the shop and told them it wasnt right. Come to find out 7 months after the accident the frame was cracked and twisted and they never saw it.. talk about not safe. So my tiburon is totaled now and we're waiting for Insurance to pay it off. Sucks, I miss it a lot and I think about it everyday. My time with the tib ended to quick, I was having so much fun with that car. 06 SE. We will see what happens maybe ill pick up an 07 and be back.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Sloppy body shop. Have them make it right.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the mid to upper rpms the car sounds like a ****** civic or something. Anyone know what that could be? Its just a bunch or little things that make it not feel like it used to.

And Staw do you know when I should get the vinyls and everything. Right now Im riding with one red out and the other not, Pretty ghetto lol.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
riggs1088 said:
In the mid to upper rpms the car sounds like a ****** civic or something. Anyone know what that could be? Its just a bunch or little things that make it not feel like it used to.

And Staw do you know when I should get the vinyls and everything. Right now Im riding with one red out and the other not, Pretty ghetto lol.
considering they were sloppy they could have just forgot to put a gasket between one of the exhaust flanges lol.

either that or something's probably loose is my guess

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
il1uzions said:
Yeah after my accident back April of this year my car got into an accident. $8,500 in damage.. got it back a month later, and everything seemed perfect. My dad worked on cars his whole life and said the car never felt the same to him and over time the car developed a high pitched squeel in the passenger right wheel. So this month (november) my dad took it back to the shop and told them it wasnt right. Come to find out 7 months after the accident the frame was cracked and twisted and they never saw it.. talk about not safe. So my tiburon is totaled now and we're waiting for Insurance to pay it off. Sucks, I miss it a lot and I think about it everyday. My time with the tib ended to quick, I was having so much fun with that car. 06 SE. We will see what happens maybe ill pick up an 07 and be back.

Damn that sucks.......

What are you doing with the aftermarket parts?

I'll take them off your hands if you don't want them :3_winkthu

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
jsalamone7 said:
Damn that sucks.......

What are you doing with the aftermarket parts?

I'll take them off your hands if you don't want them :3_winkthu
The vultures are lurking about.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car also seems to jolt a bit in the lower rpms. Does anyone know what would cause this or if its related to the car sounding like crapor even the rough starts. Or is there something to fix this?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Damn, sucks to hear about your car. Good luck getting everything fixed :)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
sell it before you lose all your money.

my car-bought it for 20K after everything
worth-now after crashes-less then 5k

the car looks good but drives like crap

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It drives fine minus the sound and that little jolt in first when i first start driving other than that its smooth. I think selling would be a bit premature at the moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts