Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got my cold cathodes today and was pretty excited... i installed them myself and ran the switch in to the ash tray... they are UV cathodes so i didnt expect them to be that bright (seeing as they are on the opposite end of the spectrum) and they look good for accenting light... i like them but im interested in LED tubes more (because of how long they last)... and will get them when i get the money.. my friend will buy my cathodes off of my and what not... so i was wondering if i could see pics of people with LED tubes that are more on the cooler side of the spectrum...

gives an idea of where they are

look kinda blue.. camera doesnt take the greatest pics... haha.. and plus they UV

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Pics or ban!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't know where you got your cold cathodes, but I'd recommend you take a look at oznium.com. They have good prices on cold cathodes and led strips... they pretty much offer a lot of rice-tastic lighting cheap. I got a dual 12" cold cathode set from them for like 10 shipped, and they are awesome.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i got mine from oznium too.. got here in 2 days really...

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics

come on man! (jamaican accent)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
added pics at top.. not real good though

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Do they really not illuminate the footwell at all?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like i said.. my camera sucks at taking pictures.. but yea.. they dont illuminate the foot well all that well.. its noticeable when its night and im in the car... i can definately see a diff when i turn the switch on and off.. but its not a huge difference... a part that plays a major roll is the fact that its UV and on the opposite side of the spectrum.. which was why i was thinkin about buying some blue LED tubes that i found a pretty good deal on... the lights more or less just make some things glow.. and for some reason i think blue would look better in my car....

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Oh yeah- forgot it was UV.

Get the blue.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im guessin that youre talkin bout the blue LEDs... but yea ill be gettin those

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Sweet! Post pics when you do!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will.. im gettin then off of ebay because i found a good deal from a good seller... thats cheaper then anywhere around here... 4 12" LED tubes with built in transformer.. for like.. $26

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
That's a great price. Good find.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup.. the guy has 98%+ positive feedback.. cant wait to get them

·
Registered
375 Posts
sux that the ccfl werent what u wanted, i loved mine. but then again, like you said they are UV, mine were yellow and they lit up everything! well good luck with the leds and give us some pics

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its all good.. i will post some pics.. i will probably mount the cathodes somewhere else...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oo... they look good.. hows it look with all the lights on and such? good also? and whered you get those led tubes?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts