Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to discount tire and Zach x421.
225-45-17
sweet looking tires, ripping psyched, putting them on this weekend.
(don't piss on my party and tell me they are bad tires, i did a lot of research and at this point don't care).
they are supposed to be all season/ultra high proformance... i gotta question that, but we'll see.
i'm getting way to excited over tires.... but i can't wait to put these on.

too bad I cant do it by myself with two screw drivers like i used to do on my bike when i was a kid.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I'll be ordering a set of either AST or ASX Kumhos from Discount Tire soon. I've been researching tires for a few months and those are the 2 finalists for me. Now I just gotta get the money together and order them before the snow hits. Glad to hear good comments on them.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Kumho Ecsta are the best thats what i got with my 18's ride great

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet. anyone have any snow driving with them? like up to an inch or 2. that's my only concern.
i just need to get home safe (like 1hr. ride) if it starts snowing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
well i had those style tires on my elantra but a different size 205 40 17 when i had 17s last winter and they were fine driving up and down i-95 in the winter mess and the car handled superb for the conditions

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
How does the Ecsta AST compare with the ASX? Anyone have experience with the AST?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i loved the pattern on the AST but the ASX should last longer and a little better grip i guess.
and i think the ASX are slightly more 'performance' then the AST. at least based off description.
and i think the ASX have a silica compond. (kinda thought that stuff makes things slicker but what do i know)
dont think you can go wrong on either
i dont know. just glad it's done. i was starting to get dizzy reading about tires.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I just bought 2 ASX's for my fronts for the winter. Becareful with discount tire. I went to the local discount tire and they said $116 per tire and the discount tire website said the same price. I had to input my zip before it would give me a price. Then I saw tire rack had them for like $83, for the same frikkin tire! I called discount tire's 1-800 number and they have another site that is discounttiredirect.com instead of discounttire.com. Now the tires are only $90 each with free S&H. So they were the cheapest, now I will go to the local discount tire and have them installed. Saved like $52 and tax. The guy on the phone did not give me a good answer to why such a big price difference other than convienence.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i had them on my spec v and got about 30k out of them. now im moving to the toyo proxes 4 found them online with free shipping for 96 a peace.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Never heard of them, but after doing some reading, I think the Kumho Ecsta ASX is going to be my next tire. I'm at 43,000 miles and still rockin' the stockers.

Now I have to decide to go with 16s or finally step up to some lightweight 17" aftermarket rims...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have ASX on the rear and AST on the front right now. both are great for wet and dry conditions, I have yet to drive in snow since i live in the south.

·
Banned
217 Posts
i dont know wat you guys are talking about i have these and they suck!!! the worse tires i swear... try something else and hopefully ull be happy with those and then i can buy those... im on this thread looking for a better tire because these suck sooo much trust... dont get them they suck....

·
Registered
744 Posts
ch1no12s said:
i dont know wat you guys are talking about i have these and they suck!!! the worse tires i swear... try something else and hopefully ull be happy with those and then i can buy those... im on this thread looking for a better tire because these suck sooo much trust... dont get them they suck....
michelin sport now thas a tire... i have to agree. i got kumhos...and im not impressed. its a nice lookin tire though.

·
Banned
93 Posts
if you dont need winter use the kuhmo ecsta MX are amazing. ~100/each in stock size(tirerack.com) and they compare to bfG's and Goodyears that people rave over and are nearly twice as expensive

·
Registered
397 Posts
When my stock Michelins are spent, I'm going to replace with Kumho, and whatever the best tire is. I had two Kumho Barum Brauvuris on my Elantra when I had it, and they seemed to perform pretty decently, especially in the rain.

·
Banned
93 Posts
you have to assess what you are going to be doing with the tire. there is no best tire. a "best" summer performance tire is going to perform like **** in the snow. a "best" snow tire is going to perform like **** as a summer performance tire. a "best" all season is going to perform ok in all conditions but not great at anything.

You have to consider what they will be used for? will you have a second set of wheels/tires for winter conditions? will these be 2 season 3 season or 4 season tires?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts