Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow shark owners! I've been lurking on the forums for quiet some time now just decided to join finally. i am a little bit more active on the FB group but figured I greet here to. If any drivers stay in Missouri or Kansas it be nice to get to know y'all.

My Tiburon is an 08 gs non-sport package. its all stock except for my chassis bracing I wen with the ultra racing parts front under brace rear lower brace and in room floor brace, and rear 23mm sway bar(best bang for buck)
I'm also trying TCR-ii bracing that tuscani customs used to sell which may now be found on alli express. for that I'm using the radiator/core support brace. they also sell a xbrace which i will be testing out soon
I'm running Mussa front and rear strut tower braces (idk if they really made a difference)
I must admit my car handles really well i will post pics soon.

Registered
Well, I must say I was shocked after I did a double take upon seeing our area code in your title! Doesnt seem to be many from our parts on here, at least from what I can tell. You wouldnt happen to be from the Blue Springs area would ya? I ask because when it comes to seeing others with our cars, my memory, for lack of a better term functions muuuch better, so I sort of know most people that have a Tib, and theres an '08 gs with that super light blue pearl color in the next neighborhood over from me. Also, Im quite the shark enthusiast, some say im obsessed with discovering all the ins and outs of our cars, sooooo I also hoard super rare parts (and have extras of all the regular parts) if you're ever in the market also 馃榿. So far, I have accumulated 3 sets of the red leather interior, a set of the impossible to find tan leather, SE black leather mesh, as well as the red leather with black cloth accent from the '08s. I've also done all the minor and major jobs on the 2.7, which I suppose wouldnt apply to your 2.0, but our transmissions are nearly identical, and I just took almost a year to break down and rebuild the entire thing, installing it with great results 2 years out now! Also have all the footage from every step! Anyways.. Welcome aboard!

Registered
OH, forgot to mention that I also am and/or was a long time lurker here as well, and it's nice to see someone that is as excited as I remember being when I first discovered these boards! Until I didnt find anyone near me from here thats a Tibby enthusiast that is :(. What do you think about a car meetup sometime? I need some fresh ideas on whats next, and we can talk about what we can do for our cars while we got the time with this picture perfect weather. It'd be nice to make more friends I have something in common with, unlike now, where all my friends happen to be either married (I might as well be dead to them with the ol' ball n' chain around hahaha 馃槀) or don't have the same hobbies we used to being in our early 30's, like we did in our early 20's.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You got that right there are hardly any tibby drivers and the few ones I've seen say there not car enthusiast I don't blame them other cars do have more aftermarket support.
Lol no I'm not from blue springs but I am from the downtown area kansas city. My tiburon was the midnight navy metallic color but I plasti dipped it matte black.
Im always intreasted in parts currently waiting on my H&R lowering springs and do need some struts.
That's great a fellow tiburon mechanic!
Yea the bummer thing about my tiburon is that it's an auto.
Yea man that be great I have a few drivers that said they be down last year before covid.
Lol yeah man for sure I got ideas that I just pulled the trigger on a window and kick door sticker.
I'm down for a meet shoot even if it's just to talk about the tiburon.
Were can I reach you at?

Registered
Hell ya, mine is also an auto, thats why the rebuild of this F4A41-2 took 11 months LOL. Also, hey I could talk about the Tib all day long, afterall I probably have consistency worked on my car atleast 3 times a week, every week, for 4/5 years straight since I have one of the notoriously early '03 GK builds, with a build date of Nov 01/2001 (which have led many, many NT users to just give up on them) because being one of the first off the assembly line essentially guarantees EVERYTHING eventually fails in increasingly inconceivable ways ~_~ lol, anyways, you can reach me at 816-715-4344 under Josh Turley

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's up man i left a text over the weekend wasn't sure if you got it but yea id like to meet up and talk about this Tiburon. I currently been on some 225s and I kind of feel the car acting funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts