Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-

I've read lots and LOTS of articles on the effectiveness / uselessness of grounding kits. Can I get some opinions? What SHOULD I get if I wanted a ground stabilizer? I also see voltage stabilizing kits, ground stabilizing (how do you stabilize a ground connection?) and voltage regulators.. same thing? Check out the link below.. its a cheap grounding kit off ebay.. KDM makes one just like it, same price.. should I bother with this? If not, what should I get? Thanks all! :3_shiny:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYUNDAI-GROUND-WIRE-WIRES-ELANTRA-TIBURON-ACCENT_W0QQitemZ260078391468QQihZ016QQcategoryZ46098QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

· Registered
4,788 Posts
K, in a nutshell this will really only help you out if your car's electrical system doesnt have good grounds right now. (IE: corroded / bad connections) Improving the ground will therefore improve the overall performance of your car.

This would be a nice upgrade if you were running a large stereo for sure. The more grounding points the better.

Just my 0.02

-J

· Registered
999 Posts
I agree with spitzer on this one. I had a system put in my car a little while back and putting in the ground kit helped my lights from dimming and took out some of the possible altinator noise.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K, in a nutshell this will really only help you out if your car's electrical system doesnt have good grounds right now. (IE: corroded / bad connections) Improving the ground will therefore improve the overall performance of your car.

This would be a nice upgrade if you were running a large stereo for sure. The more grounding points the better.

Just my 0.02

-J
Yea, I figured as much. I have a small 10" basstube in the back, I'm not as much of a basshead as I used to be (I had 2 15"s and 2500watts running in my 05 accent gt.. hehe). Should I get any of those voltage stabilizers either? Or same thing?

Thanks both of you!

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Personally, i wont put any off-brand ebay crap in my car. Maybe if it was a raizin pivot voltage stabilizer on ebay, id buy it.

I have a raizin and an ground wire kit and it helped a lot with alt noise and dimming issues. Running 2400W RMS to 2 12" kickers can really put a strain on your electrical (and grounding) system.

:3_chubby:

· Registered
999 Posts
I just put a Sun Auto Grounding kit on my car for like $100 and it took care of alot of my issues. If you go to tuner shops they sometimes have deals going on for ground kits

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just my 0.02

-J
I just put a Sun Auto Grounding kit on my car for like $100 and it took care of alot of my issues. If you go to tuner shops they sometimes have deals going on for ground kits
Hey- If you don't mind me asking -- what issues did it take care of (incase I ever get these issues it would be nice to know how to fix them!:3_wink: Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.