Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently installing a new head unit in my buddies 00' Dakota. The stock harness does not have a ground wire and you are forced to find a ground yourself. I swear his entire truck is plastic. I can find anywhere to ground the HU. Wondering if it would be sufficient to ground it on one of the bolts holding his front seat down? Seems like metal to metal. And I don't want to have th hassel of wiring through the firewall. Trying to kepp it simple her any insight?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
there is seriously no metal in the dash? The electronics in the dash has to be grounded somewhere, find out where and ground with them, or tap the ground wire from something else

·
Registered
383 Posts
there is a grounding strap or grounding wire on the back of the stock radio... unless it was removed it will be there. use that

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The old ground wire was grounded on the stock deck.. which is kind of ridiculous to me. The stock wiring harness from the Truck does not have a ground wire on it. And there is zero metal on the dash everything is plastic :(

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Insanephreak, what do you mean by grounding strap? The old deck was grounded to itself by a connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts