Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the one that earned all the votes, folks!!

After some research, i found out that my previous estimate on retail price was actually based on a company that was running a sale... :3_redcard...

Well, anyways...
Per Borla's website, retail on this exhaust: $744.99
Boostology brings it to you for: $550.00 shipped to your door!!!

Only the best product at a great price! Brought to you by Boostology.
Pic:

Description:

T-304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back™ System
Borla Performance Industries is proud to announce the release of a Cat-Back™ system (PN 140064) for a more exhilarating driving experience in a 2003-04 Hyundai Tiburon GT equipped with a 2.7L V6 engine and automatic or manual transmission. The 140064 installs to the factory flange located just after the catalytic converter and is made from full aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel (superior to T-409 or aluminized steel). This system consists of a 24” oval front muffler connecting to a 2.25” intermediate pipe and y-pipe splitting into dual 2” pipes. At the very rear on each side of the vehicle are 10” long 5” diameter “S” style mufflers and split rear 4” Borla embossed, single round, rolled edge, angle-cut tips. R&D testing has shown this system flows up to 288 cfm more than the factory exhaust. Combine all you get from a BORLA for the Tiburon GT: enhanced performance, super lightweight yet ultra brawny stainless steel, sexy powerful look, fuel economy and finally a strong sound – more bling for the buck. BORLA has a 26-year tradition of building great sounding performance exhaust from CNC mandrel bent aircraft grade T-304 stainless steel backed by an unbeatable million-mile warranty.

Boostology prefers paypal. Please make payments to [email protected]

This Group Buy will run for 30 days!!

Thank you for your business!!!!! You guys have been very supportive and we hope to be able to continue to bring you deals like this.

Tom C.
Boostology.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tiburon628 said:
wait does it need to be welded or am i missing something?

No it shouldnt be, but it seems as though it comes with exhaust clamps instead of 2 bolt flanges like most exhaust systems, i can't figure why.

However, Borla is VERY popular amongst tiburon owners and i have yet to hear a complaint about what was supplied with the system... so i'm guessing it works regardless.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Boostology said:
No it shouldnt be, but it seems as though it comes with exhaust clamps instead of 2 bolt flanges like most exhaust systems, i can't figure why.

However, Borla is VERY popular amongst tiburon owners and i have yet to hear a complaint about what was supplied with the system... so i'm guessing it works regardless.
borla is GREAT.. i had a set up on my 05 XG and it sounded sweet.. I also had a catback with a borla muffler on my 01 elantra GLS and my 03 elantra GT sedan and it sounded sweet also.

·
Registered
629 Posts
i love my borla... boostology would you be able to do me a favor and see if you can get this part of the Borla exhaust system at a good price?

I need the front muffler for a 2003 V6 (pretty sure all the V6's use the same part number any way).

Mine was damaged and i need a replacement.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaTo said:
i love my borla... boostology would you be able to do me a favor and see if you can get this part of the Borla exhaust system at a good price?

I need the front muffler for a 2003 V6 (pretty sure all the V6's use the same part number any way).

Mine was damaged and i need a replacement.

Yes when i contact Borla i will ask about that for you.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
borla is a awesome exhaust, it comes in so many pieces i think to save space for shipping, but it goes togather very easy, i installed mine with no experience in anything to do with my car in about a hour, now i can probably do it in like 15mins. fitment is great, quality is unmatched with the 1,000,000 mile warrenty offered by borla.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bakerking31 said:
borla is a awesome exhaust, it comes in so many pieces i think to save space for shipping, but it goes togather very easy, i installed mine with no experience in anything to do with my car in about a hour, now i can probably do it in like 15mins. fitment is great, quality is unmatched with the 1,000,000 mile warrenty offered by borla.

Well i wouldnt say it's unmatched... hehehe. But! For the price (as it seems to be the cheapest of the big 3 which will reflect in the GB once i get a quote from Borla) i'd say you can't beat it.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Boostology said:
Well i wouldnt say it's unmatched... hehehe. But! For the price (as it seems to be the cheapest of the big 3 which will reflect in the GB once i get a quote from Borla) i'd say you can't beat it.
i dont think anyone else offers a 1mil mile warrenty ... says somethin bout their product if they will stand by it that long ...

i dont have a clip of just borla, but i got one of my dc headers + borla in my profile (see my sig for link), basically it sounds the same, just not as loud as mine is now

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bakerking31 said:
i dont think anyone else offers a 1mil mile warrenty ... says somethin bout their product if they will stand by it that long ...

i dont have a clip of just borla, but i got one of my dc headers + borla in my profile (see my sig for link), basically it sounds the same, just not as loud as mine is now

True I dont think anyone else boasts the warranty that Borla does. Although i'd say it's fair to say that either of the other two systems would outlast the car as well.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Boostology said:
True I dont think anyone else boasts the warranty that Borla does. Although i'd say it's fair to say that either of the other two systems would outlast the car as well.
come on now ... im tryin to help ya out lol :3_zoefzoe

but in all seiourness, ive heard just about every exhaust in person with a few exceptions ... and i would put borla at the top with the ark a very close second, that one sounds real nice too, good deap sound should add ark also costs quite a bit more, so borla FTW

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tiburon628 said:
anyone have a clue what this will cost?

I'll be posting the cost later on today (since i's after midnight where i am)... Borla retails for $660, so I expect to be able to do substantially better than that since i'm a Borla Dealer. I'm just waiting to get an email back from them with my new pricing list.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bakerking31 said:
come on now ... im tryin to help ya out lol :3_zoefzoe

but in all seiourness, ive heard just about every exhaust in person with a few exceptions ... and i would put borla at the top with the ark a very close second, that one sounds real nice too, good deap sound

Lol indeed man indeed... but you'll note i have those other systems up on Group Buy as well and prices will be announced tomorrow... er, um... later today rather, so it's really a win/win for me and my customers since no matter what they prefer it's available.

I do appreciate the bumps and support though!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice, very nice...

I may not have been able to assemble the funds to comfortably take advantage of the Sniper sale, but ya damn well better believe I’m going to be taking advantage of this one if the price is right!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
mm

werent these going for like $550 somewhere a while back?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts