Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HERES THE GROUP BUY THREAD

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86983

UPDATE!!!! I just bought the material, so i will be making these soon. i will be able to make 4 or 5 sets of rear eyelines first. or something like 3 rear eyelines, and a set of headlights. IF all goes well i will be using the money to buy myself a large sheet, enough to make for all.

so im looking to getting this c/f to make eyelines(front and rear). its real carbon fiber with a thickness of .015".

the material is quite costly for the little bit i would get. so i dont wanna buy it and not end up selling it. so i might even try n start up a vip group buy and take deposits to buy the c/f to start making them.

estimates for pricing is

40-45 shipped for headlight eyelines
30 shipped for rear eyelines
25 shipped for door logos

I dont really see the prices being any higher

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
dude.....get one bro!....im game...i need some CF eyelines...for the heaadlights....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
well what would they look like?

tomatos? if so, then i'm interested,

and what do you mean by door logos?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I would like to see a pair made.. if the carbonfiber is glossy and looks nice then I will get them. What type of design? Come with sticky tape already? (Please say yes ;) )

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the eyelines woud be the same design as im making now. the tomato style and the rounded style. i could add like 50 cents onto each order and go buy some 3m tape and include it with the orders. i think im gonna start a vip group buy to take some deposits to buy material, seeing how it costs 50 bucks for enough to make a couple sets

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
yep, if they look like the tomatos, count me in

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dunno if i would be able to mold them around the bumps smoothly the c/f is flexable though so it might work. but i rather not try to make another kind and potentially waste 30 bucks worth of material.

right now im just waiting on some respones on a couple quesitons i asked. if i like the answers im gonna start up a vip gb

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
these would work with the 03 style head lights right? If so, I am definitely interested...

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, they would be for all years 03-06. looks like i got enough interest to start this up

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
id ont have any 05 headlights to work off of, and if i did i would have to experiment with vinyl first. this matieral is too costly to test with.

lol, its not gonna be a zefiro hood hassle. acutal product will be produced and sent. im gonna order a small amount to make a couple sets of rears first, if that all goes well then i will buy a larger sheet and start making front.

yes i can offer a small discount if both front and rear are purchased

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea ill be sure to keep you all updated.

within next two days im gonna buy the small peice, to make sure it works, then i will by a peice that i will me able to make atleast a half of dozen of fronts and rears

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
staw512 said:
yea ill be sure to keep you all updated.

within next two days im gonna buy the small peice, to make sure it works, then i will by a peice that i will me able to make atleast a half of dozen of fronts and rears
Awesome i cant wait these things should be sweet!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts