Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
im looking for the real gull wing door kit has anyone seen one and i dont mean the ones that say their gull wings and actuly just lambo or vertical i hope you guys can help me find it
Its not possible without heavy modification. Doors cannot swing up due to no frame around the window- dumb*ss. They are "press against" windows.

Look at the mercedes and then look at your car. You'll see what i mean. There is no kit to do this. Its custom. The only thing you could probably buy is some hinges and soleniods.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Samething I was going to say, just not as blunt!

·
Retired Staff
8,899 Posts
Name calling isn't necessary. It's simple physics and engineering but the Tib is not a possible platform for it. In Gullwing doors like the Gullwing Mercedes or the Delorean the very top of the door is where the mount/pivot point it. Since we have only glass up there it would be really impossible. Sorry to shoot down the dream.

I've seen an old Civic hatchback that had them and it looked pretty slick.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i kno that i couldnt do it like that but i thought i saw doors tha pushed out like lambos but turnd out more idk then yea the dumb *** comment was dumb but anyways where the best place to get the lambos that is the only type out there right?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Thats all you had to say, no need to call someone a dumbass. :3_nooo:
Sorry. I'm not in a good mood. Girl of 3 years isnt in my life anymore. I just figured that its like putting a cube in a sphere. If you look at it- you would of seen that you cant do it.

Sorry again. - but if you have $$, I'll encourage you all the way!

·
Banned
259 Posts
yeah dude i caught my girl of one year in bed with her "friend" from work....... so i understand the mood

·
Pete: The Man
5,916 Posts
Actually, there is one kit that attackes similar to ournormal lambo doors, that allows a very similar look to full gullwing doors. I will look around for you, and see if I can find the company taht sells them. Mind you, I do believe that this is a weld on kit rather than a direct bolt on, so it will require substantially more work. But it will give you the effect you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
^^ those are closer to gullwings but still not really that close lol
Okay. Heres GTfactory's naming scheme;

Nickname: lambo
Takes After: Lamborghini

Nickname: gullwing
Takes After: Ferrari

What the ****? Why do they give the gullwing nickname after the Ferrari Enzo (and other farraris) instead of after the Mercedes Gullwing- in which the name implies. Heres the 5 real door styles;

Normal: opens horizontally, hinge towards the front of the car
Suicide: opens horizontally, hinge towards the rear of the car
Lambo: Like a Lamborghini Countache+<, opens vertically
Ferrari: Like a Ferrari Enzo, opens vertically and sideways
Gullwing: Like the Mercedes Gullwing, opens inward towards the center of the roof-line

·
Pete: The Man
5,916 Posts
That is about the average normal price for a bolt on kit....and then the installation with that. This is actually not a bad deal at all, and is different then the same ole same. Hell....if I didn't have mine already, I might jump on these too. They would look damn good on a Tib with the rest of the car done right.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.