Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know im in no position to afford to do gumball(which im going to do before i hit 32). But next time gumball hits America. Im gonna meet them at the start and do the drive from there. Looks like a lot of fun. it would make a crazy *** memory. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
972 Posts
its just stickers.. they come right off... dont u guys watch gumball videos? lol

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ive kinda got addicted to those gumball videos... i would still get a special paint job just for the occasion. since they take only 120 cars and take everything into consideration.

·
Registered
547 Posts
IT'd be sweet to do for sure!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Korean_Redneck said:
I would dream to do one with a Hyundai. Seriously. imatharu29, I'll be your co-driver.

Car: Hyundai Azera 3.8 with suspension and tire mods, Or Hyundai Tiburon 2.7 6 speed with engine mods and suspension mods

lol i got about 10 years before this dream comes true. and i love my hyundai but im gonna need something to keep up with alex. lol.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Entering is the least of the problems. That sticker in that race usually results in suspended/revoked licenses, arrests, etc. The participants in a lot of cases have out of country licenses, or are not dependent on a US license, and have the financial & legal support to get away with doing 150 + down the interstate. Everytime I watch a gumball, I'm jealous I don't have an exotic to tear from state to state. Watch tekademics dvd's on the Gumball. It's pretty wild.

·
Registered
306 Posts
staw512 said:
anyone know the cost to enter?
I have some of the gumball videos and i think i remember someone saying that it was around 70 G's to enter. But its been a while since i watched any of them so im not 100% sure.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-x-GUMBALL-3000-STICKER-Fast-Car-Skate-Boy-Racer_W0QQitemZ270050723596QQihZ017QQcategoryZ36677QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2677765?ns=1

How much does it cost to enter?
For new participants to the rally the cost is £28,000 (twenty eight thousand GB pounds), for Gumball Alumni the cost is £24,000 (twenty four thousand GB pounds). Additional passengers and/or co-drivers pay a fee of £12,000 GBP (eight thousand GB pounds) per person for new Gumballers and £10,000 GBP (seven thousand GB pounds) for past participants. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional passengers and/or co-drivers are due and payable within dates specified by Gumball HQ. There are no discounts, Gumball does not do discounts.
How do I enter?
If you are interested in entering the rally you should complete the application form in the entry section. As there are a limited number of places on the rally each year, your application will then be considered by our Rally Manager. Should you be accepted on the rally, you will need to pay a 50% deposit to secure your place.
It costs how much? Why are you more expensive than similar events?
The cost of putting on a rally varies year on year. The Gumball rally is more than just a rally, and for it to be more than just a rally a lot of preparation goes towards making a memorable event for everyone taking part. It takes over a year to put on each rally, during that time research, planning and adjustments need to be made. All countries that are part of the route are visited on numerous occasions prior to the rally to seek approval, arrange events and to ensure the rally is amazing as we can make it. All hotels we book are five star, all parties are five star and the routes and scenery are priceless.
Why should I enter?
To be a part of something amazing! The spirit of the Gumball is something that can't be matched by other rallies, great parties, great routes, great hotels and great people make for one of the best weeks of the year, and your life!
How can I pay my way?
Short of selling your soul to the devil (something we at Gumball HQ wouldn't recommend, in less you're absolutely sure), your car can have up to two sponsors displayed on your car. Our Rally Manager can provide you with more information regarding this. The chosen Sponsors cannot conflict with any of our official sponsors.
I can't afford to enter, is there any other way I can be a part of the Gumball?
We are always looking for people to volunteer to help at the many events we attend throughout the year as well as each Rally. More information on opportunities with Gumball 3000 will be provided on the website as they become available, please keep checking.
How old do you have to be to enter?
For various reasons we don't accept anyone under the age of 21 as a participant in the Rally. This is a firm rule we do not break. However if you are under the age of 21, we'd love to see you at our events. When you're 21 or over, we'd love to consider you as a participant.
Where does the rally start?
The 2007 Gumball Rally will start in Pall Mall London on Sunday 29th of April. The cars will be on display prior to the start in Pall Mall as we have done in 2005 and 2006.
What is the route?
The 2007 Gumball Rally will be going from London to Istanbul via Amsterdam, Munich, Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens and a surprise location.
I would like to enter on a bike, can I?
No. We have our reasons. The main one to ensure the safety of all our participants.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i agree.... it sucks having an american license. the second u speed its jail if ur above 100+ (whether the cop takes you is up to him). Most of the time they jus give u the ticket for doing 100 but 130 they might think about jail. im just thinking... ive seen 2003-2006 gumball videos. You think there would be a high speed chase against some of these guys. i mean come on.

where is the tekadekamics videos?

also it doesnt say anywhere that we cant drive with them through US next time they come. YES!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was watching a video, I think it was from the 2006 race and I actually saw a tibby in there. As far as I can remember, it was an 01-02 tibby...I was happy to see one of our own in the race, tho. :)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The real Gumballer participants (the ones that paid to play) call people that follow them on their route without paying the entry fee "SCUMBALLERS"

·
Registered
547 Posts
I read in a previous post they don't allow motorcycle, I remember watching a gumball video that had a few ducati's in it. Is this a new rule or something?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
alexlacelle said:
I read in a previous post they don't allow motorcycle, I remember watching a gumball video that had a few ducati's in it. Is this a new rule or something?
They usually have the motorcycles do some of the filming, they're not that I'm aware of, part of the rally.

agood one that has a lot of road footage is: Gumball 3000: 6 Days in May (dvd)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts