Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a local exhaust shop to have the dual's taken off and a new single muffler angled up and out (like a subi) yea anyway had to take it to an actual custom exhaust shop 35-40 min away to get it re-done. check this ghetto sh*t out! i was pissed. when i went to cut my diffuser off i saw it, not to mention the muffler was sticking out waaaay too far.

whole piece should have been cut out like this in the 1st place!

ahhh much better...

and yes got my money back.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
holy getto, did you slap them? looks much better now

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea and sounds ALOT better. that little pocket actaully made it quiet as hell. but yea i wanted to rip the muffler off and beat him with it.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
wtf? thats y i go to my boy when i get pipes made cuz he lets me help him and i kno whats being done how much did all that end ip costing u?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i love the single out. its sexy hows the sould differance?
pure sexiness! as soon as i can find the old lady's camera cord i'll post a clip.

1st place (old mom and pop shop) charged me $75. 2nd place (actaul performance exhaust shop) $100.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took the bumper off laid it on 2 saw horses (with a towel underneath so you don't f-up the paint) mark where you want to cut on the backside. to cut i used the cutting tool for my dremel.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
wow, thats more complicated than i though, i figured i was just going to grab a pair of box cutters, and if that didnt work i have a hand saw......lol maybe i should take it to a body shop

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha if you didn't suck and move! (j/k shane) i could do it for you! but it's actually pretty simple i'll send you pics tomorrow. i have to go to work now.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
i hear ya staw but i dont want the hassle of ordering a diffuser, getting it painted and installed. Im just sck of how my exhaust looks see

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd say that muffler looks so much better. They could no angle it up/out anymore or that how you wanted it done? Was the $75 for just fixing it or is that how much you paid for the entire install initially?

·
Registered
782 Posts
That just sucks how they didn't cut the Y-pipe off. At least you were able to get it fixed and it looks much better now. So this is basically a rear section setup and not a catback.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it was the ssa/tsudo knock off. and **** no i won't go back haha.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts