Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I can make angel eyes. But I would need your headlights (or at least 1 side) for a week or so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about both. I was wondering which is better for lighting, angle or HID? And what would be the prices for install and for buying?

·
Registered
514 Posts
HID is a very brite true white light (almost blue sorta). Angel Eyes are rings which circle the outside of your lights and shine. They arnt used really for lighting the road. There show purposes if im not mistaken. They come in different colors. Search Angel Eyes and look at some pictures for a better description.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
PANAXRX said:
HID is a very brite true white light (almost blue sorta). Angel Eyes are rings which circle the outside of your lights and shine. They arnt used really for lighting the road. There show purposes if im not mistaken. They come in different colors. Search Angel Eyes and look at some pictures for a better description.
Exactly. Angel eyes are strictly an appearance mod. HID's are bulb replacements that come with an ignitor/ballast system.
HID's-

Angel Eyes (from Flyryde.com)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wanna get me some angel eyes but wow they are expensive!

·
Registered
91 Posts
gamingdexter said:
Thanks :). A new question i have is does anyone have a good site or price for 8000K xeon lights?
go to www.pilothid.com last time i checked they were $189.00 and from a member on another forum, ive only heard good things. i plan on buying a set after the holidays.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I heard the angel eyes will melt your headlight casing over time....about year...That was from a seller of the kit.

·
Registered
514 Posts
KevinSmith said:
I heard the angel eyes will melt your headlight casing over time....about year...That was from a seller of the kit.
Thats weird...I mean...I suppose it depends on how often you have them on. You wouldnt turn them on during the day but you would at night...but if your actually driving you might use your headlights and not angel eyes so I dont see them burning anything or melting anything anytime soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
thats cause people are using cheap led lit angel eyes....you need to use the little diode style, thats how bmw did it......the diode style doesnt create any heat.....just remember poeple, the search button does work

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
KevinSmith said:
Whoever said that doesn't know his a$$ form his elbow. Angel eyes are powered by LED's. Voltages are around 1.5V. They emit virtualy no heat. You could hold one in your hand all day long (on, of course), you probably wouldn't even notice the heat. By accident I left my angel eyes on overnight once. No battery drain, and damage whatsoever to the housings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts