Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been lurching really bad from take offs lately and I’m not sure what the problem would be… It has 61k and I have not done the service yet Im thinking maybe plugs and wires may help but I doubt it. It is getting really annoying though anyone have some suggestions as to what it may be? And don’t say I cant drive a stick because I didn’t just forget how to drive over night, I have never had this problem in the 6 ½ years I have driven a manual...

Any suggestions?
I put those $hitty prothane motor mount inserts in about 3 months ago and I’m going to get the full mounts. Do you think it would have anything to do with that? I had to cut at my factory mounts a little to get those stupid things to fit, I was thinking maybe one of them popped out but I dunno… I have not looked at anything under the hood because I work all day and when I get off I don’t want to screw with anything… Plus I would be doing whatever I do in an apartment parking lot (at night) so that just sucks haha.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Maybe it could be clutch related?

·
Registered
355 Posts
yeah, first thing i though was clutch... When u hit the gas full throttle in 6th gear it dosent slip right? I think u need to elaborate a little more for us about the problem...

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
myslow1 said:
nobody has thoughts?
Just out of curiousity, do you have an '04?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
"Lurching" usually means it pulls forward when you have it in gear and the clutch pedal depressed. Is this what you have. Because this and a motor mount issue are 2 different things. If you think you may have a missing or damaged mount, just look at them. Those inserts are trash, and you shouldn't have to modifiy your mount/bushings to make them fit. If your mount(s) are screwed up, I'd park it and fix it before you tear something up.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^no i did have to modify the stockers those stupid *** inserts wouldnt go in otherwise...

My clutch very rarely slips, once and a while if i am ripping it hard rather than my tires sipnning my clutch will slip going into second or third.

I cant afford to park it and fix it, im gonna go home and put it in the air tommorow, and im gonna get the full mounts from SFR in the next few days.... thats really as much as i can do, i figure i will get plugs and wires as well and do that tommorow...

As far as elaborating on the problem, it is not everytime that it does it but when i take off it jerks a little until i get up to about 3500 and it does the same thing when i shift into second, it dont feel anytthing in any other gears. Sometimes it gets to the point that when i am taking off from a stop light i have to let out and shift when im barely moving just so i can get through the intersection.... I will be able to figure out the problem tm i just kind of want some suggestions of things to look at. I actually have a flippin day off tm so ya....

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah i've been having the same problems with my car, sometimes when i start in forst gear at a traffic light my car will jerk foward, it does it sometimes in second gear but all other gears it is fine. I'm taking it ot my mechanic next week but if anyone kows what's causing this let me know. I have intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a similar issue, except it was on my Automatic, and it was going into 2nd & 3rd. Brought it into Hyundai and they updated the ecu... apparently the timing was thrown off. Maybe its a similar issue?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
hey man how you liking that Stage 3?

i had a similar problem with the lurking. twice actually, i thought it was my clutch too. but it turned out to be the cruise control module (giving the throttle cable too much slack), and the other time it was my MAF sensor.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hm did you have a new cruise module put in? I have already dont that because when i got my car my cruise did not work.... I would check the cables tm and i will also check the MAF maybe something came undone? id nno haha... all i know is it freakin pisses me off when it jerks like that.

I dig the stage3 but it takin it off. probably tm if i get some plugs and wires.... im gonna sell it, that will be a little mroe money towards the s/c fund....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
myslow1 said:
Hm did you have a new cruise module put in? I have already dont that because when i got my car my cruise did not work.... I would check the cables tm and i will also check the MAF maybe something came undone? id nno haha... all i know is it freakin pisses me off when it jerks like that.
i had that SAME problem (cruise control not working). I took it to the dealer, and they said "it worked fine". and couldnt find a problem. Then later i was having the lurking and bucking problem. Then they figured out that it was the module (these were 2 different dealers). And yea, they put in a new module along with a new cable

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn i think i will have to look into that..... thanks man! If this one is bad to though and i have to get another im gonna be pissed, cuz now i dont have a warranty lol....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts