Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a mouting kit for my head unit.

Reason I am asking is because I just bought a new Kenwood Deck from Best Buy, and they sold me a mounting kit. I asked them why I needed one and they said to secure the deck properly.

So my question is are they full of crap or do I need one??

Thanks

·
Registered
843 Posts
JaysBlueTiburon said:
Do I need a mouting kit for my head unit.

Reason I am asking is because I just bought a new Kenwood Deck from Best Buy, and they sold me a mounting kit. I asked them why I needed one and they said to secure the deck properly.

So my question is are they full of crap or do I need one??

Thanks
is the new head unit the same size as the old one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me it looks like the same size, and mine came with the hyundai deck hence why I am changing it to the Kenwood MP3 / CD deck, actually it is the Kenwood (KDC - MP732) to be exact.

My issue really is that I am going to lose my felt lined storage space under the deck, because the mouting kit has a plastic crappy one.

Thanks for your help :(

·
Registered
843 Posts
JaysBlueTiburon said:
To me it looks like the same size, and mine came with the hyundai deck hence why I am changing it to the Kenwood MP3 / CD deck, actually it is the Kenwood (KDC - MP732) to be exact.

My issue really is that I am going to lose my felt lined storage space under the deck, because the mouting kit has a plastic crappy one.

Thanks for your help :(
if it has the pocket..then no, you dont need the kit becuse you already have one. If you had a stock HU like mine (03 gtv6) then yes you would need the kit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I bought my Tiburon, the previous owner had somehow engineered to attach that original felt lined box on the bottom to the new receiver kit. See if you can clip that on somehow or use a fastener or something. It'd be worth looking into if you like the current setup.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Aarron said:
When I bought my Tiburon, the previous owner had somehow engineered to attach that original felt lined box on the bottom to the new receiver kit. See if you can clip that on somehow or use a fastener or something. It'd be worth looking into if you like the current setup.
Don't be cheap. Just get one it'll look alot better and will secure the audio. Go here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320037047355&rd=1&rd=1

This guy is only selling it for $13 shipped that's a hell of a price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.