Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3_zoefzoe Help I am about to snap.I want to order a good set of headers today.I was looking at getting the engine back setup from SSA.I can not get anyone to e mail me back.I want to see if they can ceramic or powder coat the headers in the set up.I am not getting any response so I am moving on.I saw the DC Sports headers but what can you do about the whole no cat thing can I add a cat to them?I am about to call TC at NGM and order some headers from him.NGM's headers are like $800.00 that is a lot of cash.If I buy his headers can I put a turbo setup together little bit at a time?I am at a loss with SSA not communicating with me.What is my best bet on this.Ideas welcome.Hot Shot with cat? Croc

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
well u have to have turbo headers (turbo manifolds or w/e ppl want to call them) to run a turbo set up. DC sports u have to get a shop to cut and weld a cat up somewhere in ur exhaust trail. U have emission laws in Texas? Here we got them but passing with OBD2 is no problem. DC sports headers havnt thrown any codes for me so i can pass. If u plan to go turbo then u should just wait till u can buy the turbo headers along with the rest and put together

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
saa will not coat it...u would have to take them somewhere else

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If you get the DC Sports headers or the SSA, you will need a Magnaflow cat or a Catco cat (one that I will get eventually). The SSA makes it easy for you since they have the test pipe. You can swap the cat for the test pipe if you need to pass emissions. The DC Sports headers will have to be cut in the same spot where the test pipe would be. No biggie! If you want ceramic coating, go with the DC Sports headers. If I woulda had the cash, i would have. The SSA's are nice and they do their job but I wanted mine ceramic coated and in order to get the SSAs coated, you must send them off and have the jetcoated. In the end, you come out better with the DC's.

Of course there is always Hotshots.....they come with the cat and coated!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.I am going to get the hotshots.I want the best fitment and I like the ceramic coating.Croc.What is the best place to get them.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
DC's are good, and if you get a quality catback you wont need a cat, i have borla cat back and DC headers, couldnt be happier, no rasp, not too loud, not too quiet, if you want to see a sample vid, click on my profile in my sig and i have a vid there

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i had a set of SSAs jet hot coated once, then never used them, had a set of hotshots also. Each has their own benefit, i like how the SSA had the bungs for the o2s in the near original place, i like the hotshot design better, but i dont like how you have to solder and extend 2 02s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts