Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just installed my headers, and the system replaced all my cats on the car with nothing, now i was told by the NGM guy that this wont really effect annything, but im not kidding i think, well i know that my car is running way rich!! should i reset my ecu, or will the drive learning of correct for the flow! alos about 2 years ago i cut the mufflers of and converted it to a straight pipe, now its still a straigt pipe but theres very little restance in the exhaust now, any takers on if i should reset the ecu or drive it tell it fixes it self!:3_smile:

PS OMG its so loud to! i dont really like it, need to get my greddy exhaust on!

·
Banned
60 Posts
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and turn the lights on to drain it.
Reconnect it and drive casually for about 10-20 miles so the ECU can relearn the fuel trims.
Then enjoy your newfound power.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It's gonna happen. When you install headers you will notice that smell a bit more. Our cars run really rich anyway.

Just get a tuner and fix it!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i just installed my headers, and the system replaced all my cats on the car with nothing, now i was told by the NGM guy that this wont really effect annything, but im not kidding i think, well i know that my car is running way rich!! should i reset my ecu, or will the drive learning of correct for the flow! alos about 2 years ago i cut the mufflers of and converted it to a straight pipe, now its still a straigt pipe but theres very little restance in the exhaust now, any takers on if i should reset the ecu or drive it tell it fixes it self!:3_smile:

PS OMG its so loud to! i dont really like it, need to get my greddy exhaust on!
well here it is, my headers with straight pipes and no cats chimme in om any way i can make this sound alittle better! im not really diggin the rasp-i-ness off it!!

here it is posted on youtube, also note that i havent reset the ecu and its runnning like a rich pig now!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i threw my CEL code im shure its due to my headers, i was curious if you guys thought it was from the one o2 sensor thats not conected in the front header due to the starter, any ideas!

·
Banned
60 Posts
Check out what the code is with a scanner, I'd guess it's throwing one because you didn't reset your ECU. It takes a minute or two with a 10mm wrench, see what happens.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
its probably an O2 sensor code..
you could kill two birds with one stone and get a high flow cat.. it'll help with the O2 codes and reduce some of the rasp that your getting. and a resonator would probably help tone up the sound a bit as well.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and turn the lights on to drain it.
Reconnect it and drive casually for about 10-20 miles so the ECU can relearn the fuel trims.
Then enjoy your newfound power.

what would draining your battery do?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i also installed my oil catch can, devised a strange way to get in, but i was curious if i hooked it up wrong and its thowing a code, also it will stay at 1200 rpm and wont idle down after i let off the gas!im really thinking its the way ive got my catch can ducted up! because i drove the piss out of even raced a new sti and got spanked like circus seal., and it never missed a beat untill i hooked this up!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what would draining your battery do?
reseting the ECU resets the abbsolute paramiters that the engine reads , i was told my a good freind and hyundai mechanic and codes u ever thow u can reset by simply reseting the ecu!

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
reseting the ECU resets the abbsolute paramiters that the engine reads , i was told my a good freind and hyundai mechanic and codes u ever thow u can reset by simply reseting the ecu!
I understand that... why not just unplug the battery. why leave your lights on to drain the battery.

·
Banned
60 Posts
I understand that... why not just unplug the battery. why leave your lights on to drain the battery.
Because if you have a source on(lights need a good amount of power) the remaining voltage in the system will drain out. I'm not saying you can't reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery alone, just that it will be faster with your light source on ;).

Just a tip.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
once you disconnect the battery you terminate the loop that is necessary to create a circut.. there will be no 'remaining voltage'... kinda like a light switch.... Just a tip...

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
yeah if you unplug your battery wouldn't you ultimately have no volts.. lol because it is not a complete circuit anymore. i just think the whole drain you battery with your headlights to reset your ecu is dumb

·
Banned
60 Posts
There are something called capacitors, which store voltage for the non electrically advanced persona.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
im an electrician... id say i am an 'electrically advanced persona'.. capacitors store electrons yes.. but without a full circut they have nowhere to go.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well beings that i rean out of 3/8 tubing and the kit only had like 2 feet at most this was the only thing i could make work! wen i go out to day i will install this back to stock untill i get some more tubbing! and no not the upper one its tthe lower one on the front side, and its not that its not there its just not in the loop! i have 3 out of the 4 in there, do u think thats what giveing me rich unburnt gas smell, because i begenaing to think so much like bazerking said u can do that on some of them, i aslo blew out my resonator i think got some real bad vibrating sounds from the engine bay when its cold hmmmm, i just pushed my self to hard on friday and couldnt go back under that pig!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts