Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says... Do I need aftermarket headers to run the Alpine stage 2 safely, or is it just the route most people take?

·
Registered
514 Posts
It sucks in to much air it needs to be able to exhale...with that said..........

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes, no problems but you will gain alot of HP (IMO) if you give it more room to let the air out

·
Registered
514 Posts
I look at it :(

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I have noticed there is no estimated HP for the RIPP stg1 FYI
Thats cause no one will tell me.....:3_nooo:

And then they locked my thread to prevent flaming....which also prevents input :3_nooo:

But maybe a staff member with that setup would kindly edit it for me

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Where can I get the Unichip Piggyback ECU? The only things I saw from looking at your thread that are included in the stage 2 but not the stage 1, are the smaller pulley and the ECU. I know where to get the pulley from, but have never heard anyone say anything about the ECU before.
Alpine is where you get it from. Its new so thats why its not discuss alot on here yet. Im not sure if they released it yet.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wrong...You can run a boosted setup at 9 psi with stock exhaust and headers. U would make alot more top end power though if you had those mods.
Is it safe to run without headers, though? I know you'll make more power with them, but am I at risk of ****ing something up if I go 8psi with just an intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
464 Posts
well i gutted my stockers heh

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
man ur not gonna hurt anything from running stock headers and exhaust. it has been discussed way back in the day...u should be able to research it.

...i like how half the comments in this thread are of people trying to save their own a$$es...they say things like 'well it sucks in too much air...' n blah blah blah...that doesnt answer the question, that just leaves it open so ur not caught being wrong.

why answer if u dont know the answer to the question?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
man ur not gonna hurt anything from running stock headers and exhaust. it has been discussed way back in the day...u should be able to research it.

...i like how half the comments in this thread are of people trying to save their own a$$es...they say things like 'well it sucks in too much air...' n blah blah blah...that doesnt answer the question, that just leaves it open so ur not caught being wrong.

why answer if u dont know the answer to the question?
That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks. :)

I'm going to get headers eventually, but I'm anxious to up the boost, and I'd have to keep saving up for quite a while longer if I was going to get headers before I did that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts