Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all 03 models headlights have the dimmer lights on the inside towards the middle that dont light up bright they just light up a little next to the H7 bulbs? i was wondering why they are so dim and is there a problem with my lights.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
hey man its Platt those are the 194 bulbs "city light bulbs" i just bought a new set of blue 1's they look sweet
ur low beams and high beams are both H7 ur talking about the 1 under your H7 bulb in the same opening there only used when u have ur parking lights on and thats all there not on when ur headlights are on.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK im going to take a picture and put it on here of that because i don't know if i explained it right hold on.

· Registered
7,142 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might have to get some of those LED ones.

Anyone want blue? For free? I got some a long time ago just for the heck of it and now they're sitting here....
hey man i was going to buy some LED from you anyway, do you want to just add them to the order when i mail out the money order?

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
7,142 Posts
how would i install those things? do they work just like the low beam headlamp bulbs?
Yeah they look crazy but they are 194 bulbs ment to fit in 194 sockets. I have the white ones for license plate bulbs and I have clear interior door light lenses with white behind them to. I can't even explain how bright they are. these are some of the few led bulbs Ive been able to put in "always" on sockets without them burning out because they're current regulated. They are somtimes hard to get into the sockets because the base of the led bulb is kinda thick but they'll go in. I highly recomend them. www.autolumination.com has some really cool led bulbs that are starting to come out. Just get fully regulated with cooling features and you'll be good to go. Hope that helped.:3_winkthu

· Registered
3,174 Posts
there is no need for them tho there just parking lights they not headlights so no need to be bright
i got blue 1's but there not bright just shine blue there only going to be on when ur in park.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there is no need for them tho there just parking lights they not headlights so no need to be bright
i got blue 1's but there not bright just shine blue there only going to be on when ur in park.
ok but it is a six speed and im pretty sure they stay on with headlights to. i understand that they are not headlights. it doesn't matter either way tho i think im going to buy some to put in there so they are blue. then they will match the headlights

· Registered
7,142 Posts
Its not about being as bright as headlights. they look nice and they're bright enough to be noticed. its an exterior upgrade in my opinion not mean't to be bright like a headlight.:3_bier:

· Registered
56 Posts
I just had to replace one of mine.....Yes, they are in the same sockets as the high-beam head lights---right below them. And they ARE ON WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS ARE ON, NOT JUST WHEN YOU ARE PARKED!

So, there's nothing wrong with your tib, they aren't supposed to be any brighter than they are. It's an aesthetic thing, that's it.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
ok i just installed them in mine and my car is into peices right now with no hood, no bumper and my headlights been out for acouple months now so i was just going off memory and i didnt think those lights came on with the headlights my bad

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok thanks fellas!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.