Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to get started on the clear corner light project for my 03 tib, but EVERYONE I mention it too thinks its a bad idea because of the chance it doesnt seal back all the way. I was told that silicon will melt away and that I would have to purchase extra headlight sealant to be safe. Can somebody give me some good advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
go buy a tube of clear rtv sealent, and after you put them back together, put a layer of the new clear sealent over the crease

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but what if there is no condensation because you got the original sealant to go back together well, and the rtv isnt doing anything at all? Im just trying to play it safe... sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
161 Posts
Crook4life07 said:
yeah but what if there is no condensation because you got the original sealant to go back together well, and the rtv isnt doing anything at all? Im just trying to play it safe... sorry for all the questions
Well if there is no condensation, then who cares? you'll just have the extra security of the sealant. Plus you wont know if you got it together well until it starts to fog up on you. Just put on the sealant to avoid more problems

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i did my CC over 2 years ago and i never had any problems just make sure u get them hot enough and sqeeze even harder and u should be good

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mine are in the drying process right now. I just finished applying sealant around all the creases, and I'm going to let it dry overnight. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Tons of people on here have done that clear corner mod, and I haven't heard a single complaint yet about their headlights fogging up from lack of sealant.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had condensation in the stock headlight, then did the clear corners, and it went away...it's all about the way it seals. Get em together and heat gun the seals to get em extra gooey. I've seen some ugly work with extra RTV...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts