Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you double din guys out there..What did u replace your stock headunit with? Double Den of Course. I cant find one that says it will work...Its annoying cause all the single (den) cd players look like **** now a days and I dont really have the money for a dvd play. Wellp let me know thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i was using the Cruntch field website and it said they dont have any and i called and they said the same thing

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i would want a dvd player but i cant afford it now well i can but i dont want to so for now just a good cd player

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kootr said:
Well... on crutchfield.com says that there is 91 cd players that fit http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C0KDEQRzV7F/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=300 could probably find one that is double din.... but not sure if they even have those anymore.
I was by crutchfield.com online aim helper that they dont carry any that fit or so says there computer. lol Maybe ill just upgrade to the 06 limited headunit cause mine is all fd up i dont care anymore.

·
Registered
375 Posts
crutchfield.com sucks, they always say things dont fit when they do, or that they will when they wont
a double din is a double din, it just depends on how deep it is, so check on that, i've never put a HU in a tibby before but i would assume that you can make space behind the HU if need be

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05GT said:
I have the Kenwood DDX-8017....
yeah i know not to be a dick but thats expensive and the gov doesnt pay that good (jk) im just cheap and i dont feel like payn that much for a TV in my car. but i do like those.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
youknowit said:
yeah i know not to be a dick but thats expensive and the gov doesnt pay that good (jk) im just cheap and i dont feel like payn that much for a TV in my car. but i do like those.

Get the Jensen double din setup.. It's around $400-$500 I believe.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just out of curiousity... since you'r on a budget, it sounds like you probably don't have a huge sysem or anything. Why do you want to get rid of the stock radio? I'll sell you mine cheap if you need another DD factory stereo. Are you wanting to build a system from the ground up? If so, just save your money and get what you want. Patience will get you there (fortune cookie I had a few days ago :3_winkthu ) I would start with an alarm though.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
05GT said:
Get the Jensen double din setup.. It's around $400-$500 I believe.
PM Herb(bagpiper) for more details...he has that HU.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Streetshark2003 said:
PM Herb(bagpiper) for more details...he has that HU.

I saw the Jensen unit in person today at the stereo store. It was $399 at the stereo shop so I know that it can be found cheaper elsewhere.

The screen on it was really nice...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
b-dirty said:
Just out of curiousity... since you'r on a budget, it sounds like you probably don't have a huge sysem or anything. Why do you want to get rid of the stock radio? I'll sell you mine cheap if you need another DD factory stereo. Are you wanting to build a system from the ground up? If so, just save your money and get what you want. Patience will get you there (fortune cookie I had a few days ago :3_winkthu ) I would start with an alarm though.
what head unit do u have the stock infinity. I would like the 06 limited one not cause of the wattage which i wont gain any cause i wont get the amp supposdly or something which doesnt bother me its just different lookn and i always like change.But no no big system for me they are outdated i hate them to be honest.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
youknowit said:
what head unit do u have the stock infinity. I would like the 06 limited one not cause of the wattage which i wont gain any cause i wont get the amp supposdly or something which doesnt bother me its just different lookn and i always like change.But no no big system for me they are outdated i hate them to be honest.

I have the double din 6-disk changer that came stock in my 05. Same as the '06 I think.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im not lookn for a big system they arent for me. but send some pictures of the stock head unit for me and ill let ya know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts