Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heated Seat Kits for 03Tiburon ? *Updated*

I currently have leather bucket seats in my 03' GS-R that do not have the heated seats function
installed...or so I think. These cars are advertised with heated seats. I see we can buy the dash button for them, I was wondering what it would take to make the whole thing work?

Any ideas, thanks in advance.

(I started this thread yesterday and accidently hit the tab-enter which posted this message early and of course since this forum is not real time, I had to wait for it to show up).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
if it has heat seats installed you will see an unused plug underneath the seats

if thats the case, then you need to get a relay, harness and switches

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SecondGT said:
if it has heat seats installed you will see an unused plug underneath the seats

if thats the case, then you need to get a relay, harness and switches
Just checked. I seen nothing. :( Any aftermarket kits out there ?

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
I moved this thread to the appearance forum (basically reserved for any modifications that don't relate to performance or audio) since this doesn't exactly relate to technical problems.

Here is the do-it-yourself for the Heated Seats modification...it should answer any questions or concerns you may have. If not, keep asking in this thread that you made.

Heated seats DIY for reference:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5543

Thanks,
Tyler

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
During my search to find the DIY thread, I saw threads that linked to ebay auctions for heated seat kits. So, try there, if nowhere else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nobody adressed the question: how to use the OEM installed heated seats?? Everyone talks about how to put the pads in etc. But what if your seats have the plug under them? Does this mean they have the pads in the seats too, and if so why the hell didn'y hyundai put the switches for them!?? How do you connect the plug under the seat, so they actually work and where do you put the OEM switches anyway??

·
Registered
547 Posts
no dreamka4u has the whole thing for 150!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
PLANETARY said:
no dreamka4u has the whole thing for 150!!!!!!!!
I bought mine from dreamka4u. Going to install it over Christmas. Not going another winter without heated seats

·
Banned
609 Posts
i got the red inserts to, i would love to put heated seats in my car even though i live in florida it get cold down here

·
Registered
572 Posts
nerd wagon said:
i guess i cant do this on my 05 since i have the red inserts? if anyone has let me know, thanks
You should be able to put them in. There is a company online that sells them and makes them for many auto manufacturers and they claim you can use them on cloth seats. Here is the link to their site:

heatedseatkits

There are others out there too, but thought this may answer your question. I purchased my kit from dreamka4u and will be installing them after Christmas.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i got the red inserts to, i would love to put heated seats in my car even though i live in florida it get cold down here
I hear ya brother. This cold front that is here right now is killin' me... wish I had a fireplace...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah man it must get down to like 50 thats rough lol
are you insane?!?! its 65 right now and I think I just saw the first snow flakes!! ... I need thicker gloves... LOL

Actually, i lived in Finland for a couple years... now THAT was cold!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
wow all you guys are lucky... I wish it was anything above freezing... We got 16" of snow on friday and there is still a good 10" of snow everywhere but the roads, and i gotta say the tibby doesnt like the snow...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i paid 150 from dreamka4u. also. they worked good.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nOTricKz said:
are you insane?!?! its 65 right now and I think I just saw the first snow flakes!! ... I need thicker gloves... LOL

Actually, i lived in Finland for a couple years... now THAT was cold!
I live in Canada. It was -40 last week. It sucked SO bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts