Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm James, I own a 2010 Kia soul, I know not a Tiburon, but it has the beta 2. Just thought Id register here since the only soul forum kinda sucks. I would like to start working on a turbo kit eventually and this seems like a great site to have when I start.

·
Administrator
8,794 Posts
Welcome to NT.
It would be good if you read up in the FI section stickies to get some of a handle on what may be needed.
I don't know how older kits for a Tib will work with a newer Kia. We know the 07/08 Tib ECU is sorta a PITA with engine mods. I will assume your '10 will be worse.

Way back when, there were not many kits for a Tib, likely nothing new now, just used from a wreck or partout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've been on here alot, just finally registered. Jattus made a kit for the soul for a short time, the used the smt-6 I believe for tuning.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
The Jattus kit was nice except for some knock off parts. It used a smt8t tuner with a sub injector. Was designed for the cramped engine bay. He got out of the game and he didnt sell a lot of those kits so you are probably looking at having a shop make a kit for you which will cost around 5k all said and done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Jattus kit was nice except for some knock off parts. It used a smt8t tuner with a sub injector. Was designed for the cramped engine bay. He got out of the game and he didnt sell a lot of those kits so you are probably looking at having a shop make a kit for you which will cost around 5k all said and done.
Yea I only know of one soul jattus kit that was sold. That guy ended up blowing his engine I think. I've emailed a few times to see if jattus could at least set me up with the smt wiring for the soul, but never got a response. I've thought about going the Evo manifold route and I've looked at the cast treadstone manifold. I think my biggest issue is wiring and tuning, I can gather parts and do the install.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
The biggest issue with the Soul is the clearance between the engine and radiator. Also a spot for an intercooler is tight. You can run about 7psi non intercooled with an AEM FIC and 500cc injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The biggest issue with the Soul is the clearance between the engine and radiator. Also a spot for an intercooler is tight. You can run about 7psi non intercooled with an
AEM FIC and 500cc injectors.
I never thought about space between the engine and radiator. Time break out the tape measure. Does anywhere product a beta 2 exhaust manifold flange?

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I don't know of anyone that actually produces the flanges. Your best bet is to take a gasket to CNC place and have them make it but they won't make just one. Typically you have to make them in batches of 10-50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts