Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have power to my coil pack, and power to my fuel pump, and no power to my radio(radio might be bad). But I’m getting no spark. I replaced the crankshaft sensor but might try the camshaft one next. Would it be that

It sounds the same when I had the coil pack connected, and disconnected

It’s not the key because I even tried to Hotwire it, still only cranked.

I cleaned the ground on the battery and the FireWire wall to the body

When I connected a code reader it couldn’t connect to the car it would say cannot connect to car, I replaced the ecm, new spark plugs(right gap), new fuel pump, and crankshaft sensor

Or what could it be
The coil pack is good it’s a msd one the pack are good, and the small capacitor, might check to see if they got rust on them. Might be that

2006 tiburon gs manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey man, no spark can be a bad crank sensor, bad plugs or wires, bad coils, bad ecu, burnt fuses, or a bad bcm... check all your fuses make sure there okay and change them... there is a coil fuse under the dash, also check fuses in the engine bay, like your ecu fuse... I had a similar problem it turned out to be the bcm...

Signs of a bad bcm is no spark and multi system failure such as windows, dash lights, RADIO, wipers, turn signals, basically anything that’s controlled by the bcm, I’d say that’s what it is but check everything else first, try to get your radio on and if you can’t it’s the bcm...

apparently 2006 is a super bad year for bcm, another guy just recently had the same problem and I had the same problem before, except no one knew anything about bad bcm’s so I try to help everyone with a crank but no start problem...

2006 bcm in Canada have a chipped key and immobilizer, not sure about the us model.. what I do know is nothing before 2006 had a chipped key, so easy cheap fix is to get a 2005 bcm with the same engine type and get the fob if you can or you might need to get on programmed... also you will have a check engine light I’m pretty sure, but it’s fine it’ll just say doesn’t match vins or whatever... also if you get one but the engine is different it will still work I have a 2005 Santa Fe ecu and a 2005 i4 bcm in my v6 so I KNOW it works, only problem is you can’t read codes with a different engine type bcm.

you can get it fixed at a dealer but I think a new programmed bcm is around 1200$ so a 50$fix is pretty good if you ask me...

hope this helps let me know if I was any help and update us on this please

1 - 2 of 2 Posts