Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did not want to post my question on this thread.... I wanted to make a new thread, that is why a new one was made.. You also did not give me any valid information or anything that I am asking help for.. & actually no you are wrong i was able to take the lock cylinders out and take them to a lock smith this morning, well little do you know the cylinders were actually broken internally and nothing was missed. There can not be to much to miss when the actuators and cables were all replaced and installed properly... Thanks for trying to help but it didnt do me any good. mmmmkkk :) :x:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now as I was trying to find out in the first place, if anyone else on here has some good input please let me know, still would like to know what Hyundai's are interchangeable with the Tiburon.... :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Fitment/Applications
This product fits 8 vehicle variants.
Hyundai: 1 models, 8 variants between 2001 and 2008.

Has to be from a Tiburon, check your inbox for more info.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I did not want to post my question on this thread.... I wanted to make a new thread, that is why a new one was made.. You also did not give me any valid information or anything that I am asking help for.. & actually no you are wrong i was able to take the lock cylinders out and take them to a lock smith this morning, well little do you know the cylinders were actually broken internally and nothing was missed. There can not be to much to miss when the actuators and cables were all replaced and installed properly... Thanks for trying to help but it didnt do me any good. mmmmkkk :) :x:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:
Dude, way bratty sounding reply. You should have just mentioned the locksmith verifying it was actually broken, and said "Thanks anyway".
None of my business, but my opinion, and I'm voicing it because you apparently need to hear it. Don't talk to fellow members that way and expect any help. You don't know who you're talking to.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Dude, way bratty sounding reply. You should have just mentioned the locksmith verifying it was actually broken, and said "Thanks anyway".
None of my business, but my opinion, and I'm voicing it because you apparently need to hear it. Don't talk to fellow members that way and expect any help. You don't know who you're talking to.
I debating saying anything... but yes. Agreed 100%.

·
Administrator
8,848 Posts
You had not mentioned you took them to a locksmith.
You haven't answered if the locks worked before everything else was replaced.
I do repairs and rekeying on a range of locks, including automotive.

We prefer to keep relevant info in a single thread so that anyone can can read the whole story.

You are correct though, I didn't add anything to resolve your issue.

PS, a belated welcome to NT, sorry I didn't start off on the correct foot.

Fitment/Applications
This product fits 8 vehicle variants.
Hyundai: 1 models, 8 variants between 2001 and 2008.

Has to be from a Tiburon, check your inbox for more info.
Crappy search through my iPad, you are correct, seems like it's a limited lock. But I'm willing to bet the lock is OK between models, it's a part attached that makes them special.

I found 81907A (drivers side) and 81908A (passengers side) as a base PN. Search for either PN and "Hyundai lock" limits the hits. Price is about $30. for either one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes they were taken to the locksmith since you could not provide me any information that was helpful. If you read thoroughly through my previous replies you will see that that I said the key would not work and that I thought the cylinders were broken. A piece inside the lock was broken, it is not fixable as I was told not sure if that is correct.. It is just odd that everything broke, the actuators the locks and the cables on both doors all busted and broken, But I found a few cylinders for a good deal under 15$ for the car. I asked if I could use a different Hyundai model, I have a friend scrapping one and wanted the cylinders but that is a little late now. Thanks for the help guys :) you did awesome. If I have any more questions I will be sure to keep relevant things in the same threads...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts