Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a halo hid kit, it's only been installed for a month and they stopped working today! I just had to drive home in the dark with my ****ing parking lights and I'm pissed! when I turn my headlights on nothing happens, my parking lights just stay lite, I'm so ****ing mad right now

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
How were they wired? Did you purchase the relay harness for them? What brand HIDs?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a halo kit, no relay ( i actually just picked up some silicone stuff to do my relay tonight )

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Not good....it could be several things. Did both headlights go out? If so, check all the fuses for the headlights.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
drew04GT said:
its a halo kit, no relay ( i actually just picked up some silicone stuff to do my relay tonight )
Sorry.. I misread the first post.. So your halos made your headlights quite working...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swaped my hi beam and lo beam fuses, still not working ( hi beams work with either fuse though, so it isn't the fuse )

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay I just took both housings apart, checked the ballasts and all wires for anything abnormal, checked the aperance of both bulbs

nothing

W T F

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Appearance isnt anything. ARe your windows and door locks working properly? Does the car run? You could have friend your BCM, but if not then you may have shorted something out and blew either your ballasts or igniters...but it seems odd that both sides would quit working.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
^^^ what he said

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
everything else is fine, car runs, parking lights work, turn signals, tails, radio and stuff, just not the lo beams

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Regardless of what caused the kit to fail, it will be replaced/repaired as soon as we get it back.

·
Registered
558 Posts
you can't really base it off of the looks.. maybe your bulbs are just dead? or if not that, your ballasts are dead lol... my friend's ballasts fried recently.. when we tried turning on his HID's, nothing made a sound... his ballasts didn't have that whine that you can hear... gl..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont understand though, if one ballast fried wouldnt the other light be on? what are the chances both ballast or both bulbs fried at the same time ?

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
drew04GT said:
I dont understand though, if one ballast fried wouldnt the other light be on? what are the chances both ballast or both bulbs fried at the same time ?

i have the same problem you have, every now and then. i have Helios HIDs and i think my ballasts are fuvked b/c about every 3 months or so my lights will justt not turn on right away, if i wait like 10-15mins they eventually turn on.

i think your ballasts are just fuvked man

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
why dont you try plugging in your stock halogen bulbs and see if those work,

maybe your problem isnt related to the HID's at all

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
doing that after class today, couldn't see last night to do it ( was getting frusterated holding a flashlight with my teeth

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
okay I just took the HID's out, put regular H7 bulbs ( oem ) and NOTHING

it isn't the HID's, the ballast, or anything, it isn't a fuse ( I replaced the fuse this morning, defintitly not the fuse ) EVERYTHING else works, highbeams, parking lights, windows, sunroof, radio, heat, ac, horn, EVERYTHING electric, except my lo beam headlights works fine

I'm ****ing stumped, this is beyond anything I can take care of because I am far from electricaly inclined

1 - 20 of 41 Posts