Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning while driving to work it was pooring rain out and i hit some pretty big puddles. The Tib started to jerk and lose power, I pulled over and slowed way down till it seemed back to normal. Now it runs fine up untill i hit about 3,000 rpm and it starts to jerk and sound really bad. It runs like nothing happend up untill that rpm range. I know I got water in my motor but can anyone tell me if it sounds like something has bent or blown? If so or if not what would be the best way to go about fixing it. Im at work right now though to I know a lot of people say not to start it but I have to get home somehow!! Any help would be very appereciated!!!

Oh yea and I have a Fujita CAI...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sounds like the water damaged the MAF. After I hydrolocked my motor and got a new one I had the same problem. If you know anyone in your area with a Tib, ask them to borrow their MAF to see if it runs better.

If something was bent or broken the car would run like shite even at idle.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the water damaged the MAF. After I hydrolocked my motor and got a new one I had the same problem. If you know anyone in your area with a Tib, ask them to borrow their MAF to see if it runs better.

If something was bent or broken the car would run like shite even at idle.
Hey man I appreciate it. I went back out to my car started it let it idle and warm up then i nervously drove around the parking lot and got the rpms up to 3000+ with no issues. I think what water might have gotten through just hit the MAF and gotten it wet. I think its now all dried off and i don't think any water reached the motor thankfully i looked around the spark plugs and took a look at my oil everything seems to be ok. Thanks again voodoo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts