Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I was recently in an accident. Both of my airbags opened. So I am trying to find the replacements.
There's not a lot of them here, where I live.

I drive 2007 2.0 Tiburon. Found a guy that is selling right airbag and the dashboard. He has a 2002-2006 GK and the ad is listed as airbag and dashboard for 2002-2006 Tiburon.

But I think it would fit my 2007. Tiburon.
So I NEED YOUR HELP. Would a dashboard of the pre 2007/8 Tiburon fit on the 07/08 model. I don't think they changed anything inside the car, part from ac maybe.
All the big changes were on the outside. Lights, bumpers etc.

Another one. He is also selling the left airbag and the middle cover for the steering wheel.
Those should also be compatible, right? There's no difference between the steering wheel on '02.-'06. models and
F/L2 (2006-2008) ones, right?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Others have told me that all 2nd gen steering wheels are the same, and I think they are, but that might need to be fact checked.
Thanks.
My English isn't the best, so when I say dashboard, I am referring to the piece from the photo.
Don't know if dashboard is the right name.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks.
My English isn't the best, so when I say dashboard, I am referring to the piece from the photo.
Don't know if dashboard is the right name. View attachment 137012
I don't know anything about airbag or dashboard compatibility, but you did also ask about steering wheels, which I know a little bit about. Most of the interior pieces look the same for all second gens, so in theory they might all be compatible, but I am not the authority on that subject.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The dashboard will physically fit no problem.

Where you might have issues is with the airbag connectors. My understanding is the FL2 (07-08) changed the design of the plugs--at least the ones under the seats for the side airbags and seatbelt buckles, not 100% sure if they also changed them for the frontal airbags or not. So physically everything should fit, but may require some rewiring.

You'll also need a scanner that can read and reset the SRS (airbag) system to clear any codes once everything is installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dashboard will physically fit no problem.

Where you might have issues is with the airbag connectors. My understanding is the FL2 (07-08) changed the design of the plugs--at least the ones under the seats for the side airbags and seatbelt buckles, not 100% sure if they also changed them for the frontal airbags or not. So physically everything should fit, but may require some rewiring.

You'll also need a scanner that can read and reset the SRS (airbag) system to clear any codes once everything is installed.
Oh thank you very much.
So you are positive that dashboard and center of the wheel center should fit?
I'm not planning on doing the installation myself, I would take it to the professional so I'm sure the rewiring shouldn't be a problem. Also the whole scanner thing.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Oh thank you very much.
So you are positive that dashboard and center of the wheel center should fit?
I'm not planning on doing the installation myself, I would take it to the professional so I'm sure the rewiring shouldn't be a problem. Also the whole scanner thing.
Yes, the dash and steering wheel didn't change from 03 to 08 other than trim colors, leather etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts