Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about two months ago i installed ngm stage 4 upper n lower im manifolds. since then ive been having a few issues with the car. The biggest which is that my car is throwing a code at the moment that needs to be cleared for me to pass inspection in NC.

P0113 Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor – high input Wiring open circuit/short to positive, ground wire defective,IAT sensor, ECM

I know that this mostly likely the ground wire. but wanted to check to see if there could be another reason why this code is being thrown before i have to go out and buy a grounding wire kit. And while on the subject of that anyone know where i can pick one up and how much they cost? I need one asap as my inspecition is due before the month is out.

The other issue i have been having is when the car is cold after it has been sitting for several hours that at startup the car's rpm's fluctuate dip down to low and stall out. Now if i keep the car revved up above 1.5k it will not stall out. It only does this when cold once the car has started to warm up rpm's stablilize right at 1k and the car runs fine without stalling out.

Any help anyone could give i would appreciate very much. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
check for a vacuum leak maybe...
i have been having issues with my stg3... my throttle sticks, i keep adjusting it though so soon it will be right lol

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
everytime i see one of these post i get scared to start messing with IM's or go SC

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i mean its not that big of an issue but its an issue none the less ya know. i mean i could live with the idle thing but ive got to clear that code to pass inspection. Its worth it though i love the way that the car pulls now all the way up to to redline thanks to the im's instead of just falling off like a rock after 4k.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Scythe said:
well i mean its not that big of an issue but its an issue none the less ya know. i mean i could live with the idle thing but ive got to clear that code to pass inspection. Its worth it though i love the way that the car pulls now all the way up to to redline thanks to the im's instead of just falling off like a rock after 4k.
The problems you are having is not the stage 4 causing it, it's got to be something wrong with the install. I've had my stage 4 IM on my car for almost two years and I've never had a problem with idle or CEL's or anything. The CEL sounds like the wiring harness isn't plugged into the IAT sensor,or the sensor is bad. The idle problem may be a vacuum leak, but it's definetly not just something that happens when you have the stage 4 IM on your car.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bluegtv6 said:
The problems you are having is not the stage 4 causing it, it's got to be something wrong with the install. I've had my stage 4 IM on my car for almost two years and I've never had a problem with idle or CEL's or anything. The CEL sounds like the wiring harness isn't plugged into the IAT sensor,or the sensor is bad. The idle problem may be a vacuum leak, but it's definetly not just something that happens when you have the stage 4 IM on your car.
I think i have an idea now whats wrong i'll have to take off my intake and upper im to check but dont have enough daylight now. So a vaccum leak could cause it to idle like that when cold but not once the engine has started to warm up?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That idling problem is the exact same on mine and I'm stock to date. Only when it's cold, and it's only stalled twice. Curious to see what you found to be causing it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Like others have said, the RPM flucuation / stall sounds like a vacuum leak- maybe a seal didn't quite seat properly during the install.

As for the CEL mentioning a ground wire, don't you loose the factory ground to the firewall when you install a stage 4? So you'll probably need a ground kit. Try one of these:

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/performance-parts.aspx?c=78&pl=1478

Bah, they raised the price 10 bucks.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Mid_West said:
Like others have said, the RPM flucuation / stall sounds like a vacuum leak- maybe a seal didn't quite seat properly during the install.

As for the CEL mentioning a ground wire, don't you loose the factory ground to the firewall when you install a stage 4? So you'll probably need a ground kit. Try one of these:

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/performance-parts.aspx?c=78&pl=1478

Bah, they raised the price 10 bucks.
A ground wire isn't going to throw a IAT code. The ground wire that is mentioned in the code description means the ground for that sensor, that's why it sounds to me like it's not plugged in.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Just did the stg. 4 tonight. Made a couple stupid mistakes like forgetting to plug the IAT sensor or not knowing that one of those 4 holes were to be plug (i put the throttle vacuum line in one of them, then realized IT WAS FOR the throttle once i started putting it on...lol). So I probably took off and put on the manifold about 3 times.

Anyways when I first turned it on I had idle issues exactly like you stated. About 1200 rpms at idle. It made a nice deep rumble and could run ok, but I turned it off and swamped the gasket with another used one I had and now it runs perfectly fine.

As for the grounding, I put the stock one on the back of the throttle bracket (seems to be fine) and I had 2 ground wires hooked up from the body to the engine, so no problems there.

Results-One fun @ss mod...Car feels like it pulls well now for just being a auto n/a.

Just wanted to tell you my expierence and hope that helps with the idle problem.

Btw is it ok that I dont have a mafterburner yet to adjust for the extra air flowing thru now? I have one in the mail, just wondering if I should take a easy til I get it. My last dynos had a fairly rich a/f in the higher rpms (probably because of the lack of air)

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Yeah thats what I figured, one of the guys here told me not to but I figured tim would of mentioned that you would of needed one when it first came out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts