Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 and was installing the new ultraracing front strut bar. every thing appeared to go on fine but when i started the car it reved up into high RPMs. So i go back to realize that the bar is pressing on the throttle cable that runs to what i believe is the cruise control. here are a couple pics..

for now i have put in a few spacers, then the strut bar, then the bolt. is that alright to do?

i am not sure how to go about solving this.. can i slightly move the bracket that is holding the wires? with the 3 spacers on each, it can start with out reving up but i am still worried.

what should i do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I as well have the ARK front strut and had no problems with it. Not to sure about the spacers, though.....

·
Registered
740 Posts
UltraRacing? well i think i found the problem.. get rid of that piece of crap and get an ARK.. perfect fitment.. /thread

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
UltraRacing? well i think i found the problem.. get rid of that piece of crap and get an ARK.. perfect fitment.. /thread
ok.... your advice is a consistent bucket of fail. stop. The ark bar while it may fit totally defeats the purpose by being comprised of separate pieces instead of one, solid bar. That = fail... and as a result it's just a pretty show piece.

the the OP, try bending that throttle cable bracket down some to get it off the bar. You may also need to lose the CC. But as it currently stands, using those spacers is not totally safe...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
As valkare said the spacers probably arent good. There is also a cruise control relocation DIY on here i believe.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol thanks for the help that i got from a few who know why i went with ultraracing. anyway.. i did take those spacers out about 5 min after i put them on.. just was not sure about them.

i did look into the relocation of the cc but it would still hit that top bracket.. so u would suggest to try and bend that down a bit.. would it mess with the tension that the cord has?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
makin trips back and forth from college makes this really useful.. but it may come to just takin it out.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
i use to drive to the top of maine 5 hours or so with no cc there isnt really n e where else to rest ur foot besides the gas pedel lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should get the most help as I hope he wants his product to fit the entire tib range especially if hes trying to establish himself in america.
So far he is a great guy with good service.. im sure this will get worked out

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Kev ,
I did just reply to your pm sorry for the delay ....
as for the spacers i would not use them as there will not be enough threads to be safe .
is there a way we can get a pic of how close the bar sits to the c/c....
we can get the bar to fit better , but i just need a idea of how much to raise the bar to clear the c/c and let the car work fine with all the options .if you can get back to me i can get these made up prety quick .
We can have a 07 and up bar made for the tiby with c/c

1 - 17 of 17 Posts