Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, i was checking out the engine bay and the ZEX kit i got, and the instructions on the ZEX website.
First off, it's a wet kit, and i need to tap into a fuel line... anyone know where i should do this?

Also i need to splice into a 12 Vwire behind the dash (or somewhere) for the arming switch. It has to have a current of 10amps... anyone know what wire i could splice into?

Added-
OK, another question which i hope someone can answer easily:
where is the throttle position sensor output wire??

Any help is appreciated!

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
- tee the fuel line after the fuel filter
- radio, cig lighter, etc. Find a wire with 12v with the key in the position, that way you cannot spray nitrous when the motor isn't running.
- tps is the blue wire off pin 19 on the C133-3 ecu harness.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u da man.... thanks!

where can i find the ecu harness? is that in the glove compartment? i thought the TPS wire was somehwere in the engine bay (near the throttle body or smthn).
I haven't looked around yet, but i have a feeling i won't know where it is.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Not to be an ***, but it sounds like you should really have this installed somewhere. Or have someone who has done this before help you (not over the net, but in person).

You are messing with fuel, and electrical, and from the sounds of it don't even know how to wire up a normal switch.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Malogus said:
Not to be an ***, but it sounds like you should really have this installed somewhere. Or have someone who has done this before help you (not over the net, but in person).

You are messing with fuel, and electrical, and from the sounds of it don't even know how to wire up a normal switch.
thanks for the help...
i know how to do it, i just never applied that knowledge to installing a nitrous kit. I was looking for someone who has installed a kit in their car, and to see what wire they spliced into.

in relation to the fuel lines, i know how to tap into the fuel line, i just wanted to know where the best location is, and i think some basic pointers over the net can be helpful.

but yes, some in-person help would also be appreciated, so if there's anyone in ATL who has installed a nitrous kit before, then please let me know!

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Well what wire would be all dependent on where you are putting the switch. There are always the usual culprits, the ignition, cigarette lighter, head unit, etc.

I dunno, i just figured that by asking which wires you needed to tap for a 12V source, it made you sould like you had no clue on what you were doing.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Be sure to post up pictures once your install is done...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
viva_brasil said:
u da man.... thanks!

where can i find the ecu harness? is that in the glove compartment? i thought the TPS wire was somehwere in the engine bay (near the throttle body or smthn).
I haven't looked around yet, but i have a feeling i won't know where it is.
Look at the SAFC DIY it will give you detailed instructions on how to find it and connect it (good luck lol its a small *** space) lol

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
viva_brasil said:
i wasn;t sure if they all flowed 10A...
I would say a majority of the car flows 15A at a minimum. I would say 95% flows 10A. Look at the fuses.

If you are trying to tap the TPS sensor, there are easier places than at the ECU harness. Since you are already having to run stuff into the engine bay, I would tap it somewhere in the engne bay, which would be much easier.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Malogus said:
I would say a majority of the car flows 15A at a minimum. I would say 95% flows 10A. Look at the fuses.

If you are trying to tap the TPS sensor, there are easier places than at the ECU harness. Since you are already having to run stuff into the engine bay, I would tap it somewhere in the engne bay, which would be much easier.
that's my main question: where can i find the TPS output wire IN the engine bay... I'm familiar with the ECU harness, but i want to tap into the wire in teh bay...

*edit: found it... it's connected to the throttle body.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, just to let everyone know, i went to pep boys to get a socket and extension to change the spark plugs and i asked the guy about nitrous kit install, and there's one guy there that knows how to do it...
so i'm going to install what i know- bottle, nitrous hose, jets, nozzles, solenoid... and the rest i may have the tech. guy do for me- tap into the fuel line and the TPS output wire- if i don't find another place or someone else in ATL to help-out.
it'll cost me $70- which is one hour of labor.

i'll have pics. up once it's all done...

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
viva_brasil said:
ok, just to let everyone know, i went to pep boys to get a socket and extension to change the spark plugs and i asked the guy about nitrous kit install, and there's one guy there that knows how to do it...
so i'm going to install what i know- bottle, nitrous hose, jets, nozzles, solenoid... and the rest i may have the tech. guy do for me- tap into the fuel line and the TPS output wire- if i don't find another place or someone else in ATL to help-out.

$70 doesn't sound bad at all... keep us updated because I'll be starting this install tomorrow....

05GT

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
BEFORE you spray, verify that both solenoids are wired correctly and the correct jetting combo is used. Double and triple check if necessary.

Then do a short test run without going through all the gears.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
viva_brasil said:

I would NEVER let those monkeys at PepBoys work on my car. But thats just me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you did not figure out yet let me know, installed Zex on my son car more than a year ago and picked the voltage for the controler right at the throtle switch (and next of where i installed the controller). cannlot remember color of wiring top of my head but can look at it tonight when i go home and tell u or send you a pic or chat with you over phone. let me know...
for the main switch, picked at cig lighter wiring harness and add an extra lower amp on line fuse...
don't forget to change your plugs and be sure to follow box calibration process as described. also remember to recalibrate the controller following the procedure every time you disconnect your battery...

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
You can tap into the TPS in the engine bay off the throttle body. It is the Blue wire, and I believe it is on the grey plug, which is your TPS. As for the fuel line, I tapped into the return coming from the fuel rail. It is easy and all right there. For the 12v source you can run a jumper from your fuse box, or tap into a line from the radio. Are you going to run the nitrous line inside or underneath the car?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zeenon53 said:
You can tap into the TPS in the engine bay off the throttle body. It is the Blue wire, and I believe it is on the grey plug, which is your TPS. As for the fuel line, I tapped into the return coming from the fuel rail. It is easy and all right there. For the 12v source you can run a jumper from your fuse box, or tap into a line from the radio. Are you going to run the nitrous line inside or underneath the car?
yeah i found the TPS and i'm going to look at the wires today. i'm going to tap into the fuel line on ethe right side of the fuel rail (facing the bay), i guess taht's the return...

i'm running the line under the car (outside), i think you have to... or it's recommended.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nmto said:
if you did not figure out yet let me know, installed Zex on my son car more than a year ago and picked the voltage for the controler right at the throtle switch (and next of where i installed the controller). cannlot remember color of wiring top of my head but can look at it tonight when i go home and tell u or send you a pic or chat with you over phone. let me know...
for the main switch, picked at cig lighter wiring harness and add an extra lower amp on line fuse...
don't forget to change your plugs and be sure to follow box calibration process as described. also remember to recalibrate the controller following the procedure every time you disconnect your battery...
i'm pretty sure it's the blue wire...
you said you picked at cig liter wiring harness and "add an extra lower amp on line fuse...", don't know what you mean by that... I'm thinking about just splicing into one of the wires for the radio or the cig lighter.

also, where did you pass the 12V red wire from the nitrous management unit through the firewall? did you drill a hole? and if you did drill a hole, how did you insulate it so the wire isn't touching metal?

thanks for the help!

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
If you take off the drivers wheel and wheel liner, you will see a gromet that goes into the cabin to the left of the clutch petal. I pass all my wires through there and just drill into the engine bay from the wheel well. Be sure to use a gromet when you dril any holes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts