Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bumper is damaged this thing happend's often coz my car is tOO low or the street is misedup. so i was wondering that can i fix my bumper with fiber glass?
if yes how? can soME one direct ME ? or give ME a website that i can have an idea on how to repair my bumper damage.coz every time i take it to garage and they charge me alot so i want to know what all item's/stuff/thing's i need? i thing everyone has some problem with theyre body kit and they wanna fix it.sow they can use this tread/thnx

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
nismo said:
my bumper is damaged this thing happend's often coz my car is tOO low or the street is misedup. so i was wondering that can i fix my bumper with fiber glass?
if yes how? can soME one direct ME ? or give ME a website that i can have an idea on how to repair my bumper damage.coz every time i take it to garage and they charge me alot so i want to know what all item's/stuff/thing's i need? i thing everyone has some problem with theyre body kit and they wanna fix it.sow they can use this tread/thnx

how bad is the damage.....if theres a crack in FG, youll have to sand it and "dig" into it from the front........reinforce it from behind with FG resin and sheets.....and use body filler for the front which shows on the outside........FG isnt the best thing to have to sand smooth and wouldnt normally be used on the outside......so it would be FG for strength on the inside....body filler on the outside smoothed in and spot painted

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
heres an example

u can see the crack in this here bumper^^

^^there it is again....except the clearcoat around the crack has been sanded to give the body filler(bondo) a surface to stick to....the crack should really be dug into and not just covered over...cuz then it will reappear again over time

^^^theres the crack after its been applied with body filler and sanded to smoothness........the BACKside of it would be reinforced with FG sheets for strength and no sanding needed........might have to add body filler a few times on the front to fill in all the little pops.....once its smoothed and blended in, it would need prime

primed and primed and smooth sanded till its all blended in, in this case my entire bumper was repainted.....the 1 spot can also be spot painted...but that requires alot more skill.....and dont know if ud even make it this far

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bodykit crack is bigger than that.sow i need FG and body filler and what els do i need to use on that bomper.what number of sand paper do i need for sanding around the crack and what number of sand paper do i need for smoothing the body filer.
tomorrow i'm going to get these items,if i need to add anything to my list plz tell me bc i dont know any thing about fiber glassing and working with these things.
list:
fiber glass
body filler
sang paper i dont know which no
it looks easy but i need your help
thnx

·
Registered
282 Posts
500 grit is a good size sand paper to get it smooth. ... start with 100 and work your way to 500.

Thats what i did on my motorcycle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.