Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i am thinking about replacing my speakers. both front and rear. i cant find any pictures on here about how to get the rears out. i am also hearing that i have to take the stock amp out and mess with the sub and do a bunch of other stuff.
I want to put my two 12's an amp for them and new speakers. i have already done the h/u swap and have a sony xplod in there. i have all wiring and speakers, amps and subs necesary i just dont know how to do this in a 03 tiburon. i had all of this in my old car and when i tried to add my subs to this car they sounded terrible. i cahecked all the wiring and it was all right. ive heard that the stock amp may have had something to do with that.
i just need someone to show me how to take all of my speakers out and put my new stuff in.
plz help in any way possible!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
in order to take out the rear speaker you have to remove the little black molding in the floor when you open the door. Not the door sill. Okay once you get that removed with the 2 little black holders, on the actual panal itself there is one screw that need to be removed close to the rear folding seat. now all you have to do is pull a little and unclip the top part of the panal and pull it toward the front of the car.

Now some people say to remove the back holding seat rest to make it easier, but i never have removed the seat to remove the panel, just some pacients.

Okay the deal with the stock sub, is not as big as you are making it to be. Go to the trunk and find the connector for the sub to the harness. take out the sub and all you have to do is swap the wires around. I know that the colors of the wires are 2 green and 2 black, what i did i cut them and slpiced them all, and just inverted the wires. so if the wire was green now its green black, and visa versa with the black for all 4 wires.

I dont know why you system sounds terrible, you probably hook something up wrong. I need more of a description of what you did and how its hooked up inorder to help you better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.