Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 4 18' rims from my friend at just 200 bucks with tires included, they dont fit well with sporty style, they are Tyfun brand, more like DUB and Baller stylez :ninjaman: however , for the price I didn't care much...

I just installed them today to find out that the Rear wheels rubs bad :(! :3_confuse they are at the very top of the rear fender..tires are 225/40 R18.. I dont know the offset of the wheels nor any other size, couldnt find em... Do you guys have any tips to avoid or at least minimize the rub? :3_confuse
its just on the rear part of the car...but its annoying cuz if I get someone with me, its rubbing all the time...

thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Roll those Quarter panels unless the wheels extrude beyond the outer edge of the body, then get some stiff coilovers.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
The tire size sounds fine, so your issue is with your suspension if you're rubbing the top of the fender.

I would suggest to get coilovers, because if you're rubbing the top on a standard 18" size, you will rub on any. You need to stiffen your ride and potentially raise the rear.

·
Registered
579 Posts
roll the fender and some negative camber...i have dont it a bunch of times. the alignment rack is your friend.

even oem size with 25mm will rub ever so gently...so again alignment fixed everything.

·
Registered
579 Posts
^haha easton...i lived in stroudsburg for a couple of years...

offset would really help us out too.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Yea i'm sure you've seen the amount of rice in that area then. Florida > Easton any day!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
he doesnt know!

and yeah...minus no good roads...i miss curvy roads. my suspenion mods are almost useless.

·
Registered
579 Posts
off/on ramps is all i have for the most part....although some in orlando are VERY nice.

roll the fender beeotch!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts